Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 - Smart keyboard in English (UK) doesn't work after update Android 10

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 09:15 PM)
costini
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I updated my Samsunsg S9 (SM-G960F) to Android 10 and the English (UK) keyboard doesn't support the smart functions (while all settings are ON), like swiping, auto correct, predictions, losing also all my saved words.

For Greek and English (US) works fine.
What happened and how to recover it?

I contacted Supprot and they told me to do a reset of the phone which is ridiculous solution!

25 REPLIES 25
Solution
Enjay
Voyager
Options

All I can think of is going into settings, apps, 3 dots and show system apps then find the keyboard and go into storage and clear data. You'd need to relearn autocorrect all the swear words though lol

Other thing I would try is wiping the cache partition. 

0hine off, hold volume up, Bixby and power till the Samsung logo appears then use the volume buttons to scroll and power to select. 

Worth trying rather than a factory reset anyway.

We'll see how I get on when 10 arrives for me 

costini
Explorer
Options

@Enjay wrote:

All I can think of is going into settings, apps, 3 dots and show system apps then find the keyboard and go into storage and clear data. You'd need to relearn autocorrect all the swear words though lol

That seemed to work! Lost all vobabulary and had to re-insert other languages but English (UK) seems to work fine.

Thx for the hint, hadn't thought of that :winking-face:

JSeco
Apprentice
Options
This worked. Woohoo, so chuffed! I've been using a separate app until we could fix it.

Looking forward to repeatedly changing "ducking" to it's actual spelling. Lol.

Thanks a million for your help.

Kyrosnl
First Poster
Options

Hallo. problem solved as discribed above ,clearing data in app. 

0 Likes
Samnic
Apprentice
Options

Clearing data worked for me too. Thank you.

0 Likes
mogodon
First Poster
Options

@Enjay wrote:

Thanks so much for this, worked perfectly

0 Likes
GerNik
First Poster
Options

Thank you. The clear data trick in systems apps worked for me. It was driving me nuts.

0 Likes
nineOneOne
First Poster
Options
Thanks for that, worked for me to. Ducking thing. :winking-face:
0 Likes
BlaziKab
Student
Options

Thanks a lot working now :smiling-face:

0 Likes
JohnTM
Student
Options
Clear data worked - thanks. Pretty naff that Samsung allowed the update to impact one of their own functions though...!
0 Likes