Support

Open search

S9 - Smart keyboard in English (UK) doesn't work after update Android 10

Highlighted
Voyager

All I can think of is going into settings, apps, 3 dots and show system apps then find the keyboard and go into storage and clear data. You'd need to relearn autocorrect all the swear words though lol

Other thing I would try is wiping the cache partition. 

0hine off, hold volume up, Bixby and power till the Samsung logo appears then use the volume buttons to scroll and power to select. 

Worth trying rather than a factory reset anyway.

We'll see how I get on when 10 arrives for me 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Enjay wrote:

All I can think of is going into settings, apps, 3 dots and show system apps then find the keyboard and go into storage and clear data. You'd need to relearn autocorrect all the swear words though lol

That seemed to work! Lost all vobabulary and had to re-insert other languages but English (UK) seems to work fine.

Thx for the hint, hadn't thought of that

Highlighted
First Poster
This worked. Woohoo, so chuffed! I've been using a separate app until we could fix it.

Looking forward to repeatedly changing "ducking" to it's actual spelling. Lol.

Thanks a million for your help.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hallo. problem solved as discribed above ,clearing data in app. 

Apprentice

Clearing data worked for me too. Thank you.

Highlighted

@Enjay wrote:

Thanks so much for this, worked perfectly

Highlighted
First Poster

Thank you. The clear data trick in systems apps worked for me. It was driving me nuts.

Highlighted
First Poster
Thanks for that, worked for me to. Ducking thing.
Highlighted

Thanks a lot working now 

Highlighted
First Poster
Clear data worked - thanks. Pretty naff that Samsung allowed the update to impact one of their own functions though...!
Top Liked Authors