Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Screen has distorted and green flickering

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 04:09 AM)
MrsGaz11
Student
Options

This morning, suddenly, my S9 screen went from working as normal, to being a distorted/misaligned (the top part of screen is at the bottom, and where you make contact registers as higher on the screen), and a green, flickering mess. I have tried restarting, the colour test by pressing *#0*# and nothing is working. It updated last week, and seemed ok apart from battery draining much quicker than usual.  I've managed to open in safe mode, but does the same. It is about 15 months old. Any suggestions at all please? 

19 REPLIES 19
Emma30
First Poster
Options

mine did the same thing I took mine into the nearest support centre they had it for about 3 days they fixed it under the 2 year guarantee no problems service was amazing! They replaced the screen etc and it's been fine ever since. Hope this helps

0 Likes
anish88
First Poster
Options

@Emma30 wrote:

mine did the same thing I took mine into the nearest support centre they had it for about 3 days they fixed it under the 2 year guarantee no problems service was amazing! They replaced the screen etc and it's been fine ever since. Hope this helps

What is the 2 year guarantee? Is that only in the Europe market? By any chance do you have a link to it? Thanks! 

0 Likes
SJ2020
Journeyman
Options

Even I faced the same issue in my 1.5 years old Samsung S9. Warranty in my country seems to be for 1 year only 😞

0 Likes
aboii
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
aboii
Apprentice
Options
Please answer us here

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-S9-S9/My-s9-plus-screen-flickers/td-p/1397371/page/3

Thankyou
0 Likes
RC_26
First Poster
Options

Samsung purposefully did this to throw away your old phones.

A lot of customers (including me ) are facing these issues after the android 10 update.

Never ever going to buy samsung here after.

GrayFox457
First Poster
Options

My S9 Plus just did this after upgrading to the latest firmware. My Galaxy S7 Edge did it as well, 1.5 years into ownership, same as my S9 Plus, 1.6 years into ownership. What a joke. I used to be a Samsung fanboy - never again. Selling this piece of junk along for parts along with my Gear S3 and never recommending a Samsung phone to anyone.

SJ2020
Journeyman
Options

When the issue occurs, try covering the light sensor with your finger so that brightness goes to a minimum. See if the issue goes away at minimum brightness. 

If that's the case then OLED Saver App can work for you. Phone still gets overheated if I use it long though. 

0 Likes
bluealmond
Apprentice
Options

oled saver app worked as a workaround, but this is definetly a software issue, i have 2 S9 and they both have the same issue after the recent updates. 

sudhanva
Student
Options

looks like, even i am facing this issue for the past 2 days. Last week i did a software update. 

i am planning to do a factory Reset and check if the issue re appears

0 Likes