Support

Open search

S9+ Poor Battery Life

Highlighted
Apprentice

Got my S9+ today and I can watch the percentage battery life drop as I setup the phone spent maybe half an hour on it in total and it was down to 80% and thats with bluetue turned off.   Just having the always on display on is enough to drop it a few percent over an hour.   Given the rate of drop can't see it lasting more than half a day on normal usage not sure you would get an hour if you did something really intensive such as watching a video.

Anyone else experiencing such a poor battery performance?

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted
First Poster
ya you are correct
Highlighted

@ajukatteri wrote:
ya you are correct

Not very good, however, my S9 plus battery lasts much longer than the Apple phone I gave up.  

All in all, I find there's always an outlet around to give my galaxy a quick charge.  

Highlighted

I agree -- the battery life is a disaster.  I'm really sorry that I switched from i-Phone.  I'm also disappointed with the screen.  My phone is barely a year old and the screen has already cracked.  I have owned three smart phones for many years and have never cracked the glass.  I think that the curved glass is a design flaw.

Highlighted

I treat my Galaxy like a baby, however, the display glass has tons of scratches.  It seems to scratch from anything.  

On the flipside, I've had tons of iPhones and the displays were like new for the life of the phones.  

Is it any wonder why Samsung phone lose nearly all their resale value after a few months compared to Apple holding very high used resale prices   Yes, Samsung has lots of bells and whistles, but quality is not even close.  

Highlighted

I changed this bad samsung phone for Oneplus 6t. Battery lasts approx. 40-48h (op 6t) without any problem. Signal is much better now, phone is always connected (signal is available). Go out with bad samsung phone and buy something better (huawei, apple, oneplus...)

Highlighted

Bought my S9 on a whim  I was going to get the Moto6 one of my first mobiles was the old Razor, a flip up clamshell (Cpt. Kirk), but I've had six Samsung mobiles in the past & all have been good enough.

However the S9 battery life is atrocious eg. 100% at turn on,  checked emails, had a quick k look at Upday, then WhatsApp. Battery now at 70%... I have to charge it twice a day. Very poor, If I had known this I would never have bought this (not inexpensive) phone.

I love all other aspects  of the phone, speed, picture quality, great sound, however I take my older A5 in my pocket when I go anywhere, just in case.

Poor Show SAMSUNG.

Highlighted

No more Samsung for my wife and I.  The battery does not hold up. 

Highlighted
Amen to that.
Highlighted

Regarding the screen.

Although I got a glass screen protector, I have not used it yet.

The screen has a plastic protector on it from new.

I have left that on my S9 and it works fine. No problems using mobile and no problems with screen damage.. hope this helps other new buyers in future

P.S.. please read reviews regarding SHOCKINGLY POOR battery life with S9.

Highlighted
The battery life just sucks! I'm going crazy with this garbage!
Top Liked Authors