Support

Open search

S9 PLUS DUAL UHS-II SUPPORT?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hello,

I would like to ask if S9 PLUS DUAL supports micro sd cards UHS-II or not. I searched the internet and saw that most people propose UHS-I but i want an answer from an expert that know it for sure.

Thank you all in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
@DimitrisGreece: Class 10 and UHS-I micro SD cards are recommended for the Galaxy S9 Plus.
Highlighted

That is because s9 plus doesn't have a second row of pins. So it will work with an UHS-II but as UHS-I performance. Correct?

Highlighted
That's right, the UHS-II option would be overkill because you wouldn't get to experience the extra speed.
Highlighted

Thank you for your answer. Just to make sure about something, by the word "overkill" you mean that UHS-II is above smartphone's (s9 plus dual) micro sd compatibility specifications so useless. Correct?

Highlighted
Sorry for the late reply, @DimitrisGreece. Just to clarify, the UHS-II cards are compatible with the S9+ however the phone is unable to utilise the full speed potential. With this in mind you're better off using Class 10 and UHS-I micro SD cards.
Highlighted

@AndrewL  At first thank you for your answers, they are all helpful.

Now at your answer: You mean compatible like the usb 3 is compatible with usb 2 devices but won't reach its full speed? So a UHS-II memory card will work at samsung s9+ but at a speed of UHS-I, so needless to pay that extra money for buying an UHS-II... Correct?

Top Liked Authors