Support

Open search

S9 pie upgrade - Hate the new look

Highlighted
First Poster

I just upgraded my S9 to the new Pie upgrade and I completely HATE the new look. The icons and especially the incoming/outcoming call display is HIDEOUS. I tried downloading some new themes to change the the overly colorful look but couldn't since it doesn't change the display of incoming/outgoing call.

The icons and the new look resemble to  cheap phones (no offense). But I purchased such an expensive phone because of its sharp and crisp looks and now after the update it has becoming extremely disturbing to even look at it.

I would really request Samsung to get this changed and go back to their old style of display or get a better one. This upgraded one is just horrible!!!

465 REPLIES 465
Highlighted
First Poster

I HATE IT AS.....ABSOLITELY ARCHAIC!

Highlighted

You just now got it?81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg

It's just all the rage for those who have dain bramage...       I am finding some bits to try to make it more pallettable.  I'm finding after two factory resets that Dark rhum seems to help.  Don't give up!! I found an icon pack called The Dawn II, it has some oldsie, a little steampunkesk icons. that made me feel better so far and now I need to get the rest in line. I also heard about an app called Good Lock from android store that has a few bits that I am not done trying. It looks like the only thing I cannot do is change the pages review back to how it was....  Don't slam the phone into your head, it wont change the phone setup, it'll just ***** ou t off more.. LoLoL

Highlighted

Please forgive me, I forgot to mention the proceure to reload the Oreo software. 

Highlighted

Having similar issue with galaxy s8 after last update. But the original icons is going to cost me more money to get them back. That's absolutely ridiculous! 

Highlighted
First Poster

In total agreement. It seems like third grade girls redesigned the look! Plus, some of my favorite functionality features were removed! 

Highlighted
First Poster

In total agreement. It seems like third grade girls redesigned the look! Plus, some of my favorite functionality features were removed!

Samsung, please give a more classic business look to your next update. 

Highlighted

I installed an Icon pack called The Dawn II. It has more of an old time look. fyi

Highlighted

What launcher are you now using?

Highlighted

So Disgusted...  been a Galaxy User from day one.. I have the note 8 was awesome!!! Never had a complaint or problem on any previous update... I feel like that Ive had someone elses idea of what they like crammed down my throat and told to enjoy .. this is better...BS.. Gallery app icon looks like a 70s tattoo... calculator looks like a puke green button on an 80s sewing machine.. I hate this so much.. I was waiting for a note 10... I was gonna look into the new 65" QLEAD TV..I hate Samsung so much now... almost if not more than apple now.. the reason Ive always been with Android. I DONT LIKE DICTATORS TELLING ME WHAT AND HOW MY 1000$ PHONE IS GONNA WORK!!!  FIX THIS SAMSUNG OR IM ANOTHER ONE GONE FOR  GOOD!!!

Highlighted

I fully understand your feelings. I cashed a nite 9

Top Liked Authors