Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 Phone screen blank and phone hot....

(Topic created on: 13-03-2020 10:25 AM)
Aevin
Student
Options

I had my phone on the table doing nothing, when I went back to it, the screen was blank and would not turn back on.  The phone feels very hot.  I had not played any games or watched any videos on the phone the whole day.

Nothing happens when I press and hold the button to turn on or off, but the phone continues to heat up.  I don't know how to remove the battery or get the phone to turn back on or off. 

Anyone got a suggestion?  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Aevin 

This device has a non-removable battery.

Try Press and hold the Power+Volume down buttons for 10 seconds. 》Samsung-galaxy-s9/softreset. 

As a next resort you could try a hard reset but this will wipe.your phone of.your data. 》Samsung-galaxy-s9 Hard Reset. 

That or if local let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on with it asap.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Aevin 

This device has a non-removable battery.

Try Press and hold the Power+Volume down buttons for 10 seconds. 》Samsung-galaxy-s9/softreset. 

As a next resort you could try a hard reset but this will wipe.your phone of.your data. 》Samsung-galaxy-s9 Hard Reset. 

That or if local let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on with it asap.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aevin
Student
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers 

Thank you.  I found a number for Samsung and talked to someone there who talked me through the issue and we did a soft reset.  Even though the screen was blank the soft reset stopped it heating up.  I was worried it was going to catch fire so didn't want to leave it until the next day. 

Anyways, it's all good now.  Thank you for your response, it is what the service team advised too.