Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 not charging

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 05:53 PM)
natalier1209
Apprentice
Options

When I try to plug my S9 in to charge I get a white circle with a lightening bolt but no numbers to tell you the % of the charge. It then goes off after 2/3 seconds. I have also tried charging the phone wirelessly but I receive the same issue however the white circle stays on. My phone is currently out of battery and is not charging. I have tried numerous different charging cables with no luck. 

Is there a way that I can resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you constantly allow your battery to do dead you will kill it prematurely. Leave on charge for a few hours and update us.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@natalier1209: Other than the alternate chargers that you have tried, are you using the original charger and cable that came packaged with the S9? If so, when you connect the charger, does it fit snugly in the USB port? If you're using a wall socket adapter, can you try connecting the phone to a PC or Mac using your USB cable, to see if you're able to establish a charge? With the phone connected to a charger, if you press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds, are you able to boot up the device?

If not, and the phone remains unresponsive, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further and arrange any necessary repairs.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
natalier1209
Apprentice
Options

The phone was not dead when I tried to charge it - it has ran out of battery because it wouldn't charge and now it is giving me the error noted above. The phone has been on charge for around 12/13 hours so leaving it for longer doesn't seem like it will solve the issue.

0 Likes
natalier1209
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew. Yes I am using the original charger and cable that came with the phone and it does fit snugly into the port. When I try to connect it to a PC it says the USB device has malfunctioned. When I press the Volume Down and Power button it just pops up with the white circle and no numbers then goes off after 2/3 seconds.

I will reach out to your help desk to see if they can help. Thanks very much!

0 Likes