Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 in call keypad not working - HELLLPPP

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 12:58 PM)
SuperSize66
Student
Options

SOS.....this is an ongoing problem and i have not yet found a permanent solution despite following many tips....

Can someone tell my how to fix the in call keypad issue on my S9?

Sometimes my phone will not recognise my pressing of any numbers via my keypad when in a call....

I'm taking calls as part of my call centre job and i can't take them all - its completely random unless someone can explain what is happening and how to fix it - i feel frustrated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @SuperSize66! Can you confirm what troubleshooting steps you have followed already on this issue? Do you have a third party case, cover or screen protector on the phone? Also, do a Soft Reset: press and hold the Volume Down as well as the POwer buttons for 10 seconds. Clear the cache of the Phone app as well: Settings > Apps > Phone app > Storage > Clear Cache. 

SuperSize66
Student
Options

Hi Carol, i did the 2 actions you mentioned and i still couldn't use the keypad (I tested it by calling up my Vodafone voicemail). I then tried another action that had worked and then not worked so became untrusted and this was switching off the dialling keypad so navigate into settings/sounds and vibration then click system sound/vibration control, then flick the dialling keypad on and off...i called voicemail again and it recognised the pressing...maybe I'll try some testing of this process eg flicking on and off if voicemail isn't accepting and be interesting to see if the next call i take i can press 1....I'll report back!

0 Likes
Filtertip
Journeyman
Options
try putting the call on hold and then taking it off hold again. If I do this, my keypad then works.
0 Likes