Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Focusing over and over

(Topic created on: 05-07-2018 05:12 PM)
Glama
First Poster
Options

Is there a setting to stop the S9 from refocusing over and over during a Facebook Live?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @Glama! Does this happen when you are live streaming/recording on other apps or just Facebook Live? 

0 Likes
Glama
First Poster
Options

@CarolinaW wrote:

Hey @Glama! Does this happen when you are live streaming/recording on other apps or just Facebook Live? 

I have not tried any other live streaming apps. I presume it is live streaming itself. 

0 Likes
Glama
First Poster
Options

I have not tried any other live streaming apps. I presume it is live streaming itself. 

0 Likes
Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

Do you have Live Focus mode selected in the camera?  In that mode, the camera keeps tring to focus on what it determines to be primary object in the picture and could result in the effect you noted.

AndrewL
Options
Further to the advice provided by @Reginard, if you open the Camera app and swipe left you will enter Live Focus Mode which auto focuses on moving objects and may be the reason why you're experiencing this issue. I'd also look at your Facebook settings and lighting conditions as low light can also cause issues with the camera's focus.
0 Likes
Glama
First Poster
Options

I don't believe so. I don't see Live Focus as an option when I open my camera. 

0 Likes
Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

There should be a list of modes running across the top of the screen which you can access by swiping agross the screen.  If these options do not appear, try opening the settings option from within the camera app, scroll down and select Shooting Methods.  Here you can enable/disable the options for each of the cameras.

You could also scroll to the bottom of the settings menu screen and select Reset Settings.

0 Likes
moeron
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with the S9, and now with the S10. This happens when using a livestream platform like facebook, but in my case it is now Twitch. It has nothing to do with the camera settings for pictures. The settings Reginard is referring to are visible when you select the camera app, but are not visible when you use the stream platform to go Live. The streaming software gains access to your camera and basically uses it's own settings. If and when I find an answer , I will post it in here.
I did make sure the settings in the camera app were not set to have live focus selected PRIOR to starting a live stream. It did not help. Any other ideas, please share. Cheers.
MikeHall721
First Poster
Options

I am also looking how I can lock the focus in video mode.

0 Likes