Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 fingerprint paint peeling under warranty

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 05:07 PM)
PinkTiger
Apprentice
Options

Hi I just thought I would post here to let others know. 

2 days ago the paint suddenly started peeling off the fingerprint scanner on my lilac S9. Started having issues reading my finger. Over next few days most of the paint is off and it rarely works. My phone is immaculate apart from this so you can see why I was annoyed. It's always been in a case with protector on ect. 

Anyway today I had enough of the "5 attempts have been made to unlock" blah blah so I looked online and saw others had the same issue so I went on live chat with Samsung.

Because my phone is under warranty as it's under 2 years old I can get it fixed for free! So if anyone has the same problem which I'm sure there is. You can either send your device to them or you can get a mobile repair man out. Fingers crossed mine will be fixed soon as I mainly use the fingerprint scanner and it's annoying as hell.

Hope this helps

This is how my phone is looking now. Those aren't scratches. It's as the paint has rubbed off. I'm shocked at how quick its happened because it was 100% perfect a few days ago. And I've had this phone since black friday 2018! Annoying.

20200701_134327.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
djshaunyg
Navigator
Options
I have the same issue, i just kept scratching it all off so its black in colour. looks ok and works the same. its a joke this is happening on such a costly device
PinkTiger
Apprentice
Options

Exactly. At least they're gona repair it atmy home but it does mean me backing up all my stuff as it will be returned in factory settings. Hopefully the new one won't peel. I'm surprised its happened so quickly. At least yours doesn't look bad. Mine looks silver with scratches 

0 Likes
PinkTiger
Apprentice
Options
They will be out to fix it tomorrow in a mobile repair shop. Will update to let you all know how Samsung have handled this. So far they've been amazing
0 Likes
Solution
PinkTiger
Apprentice
Options

Well my phone is all fixed and purple again 😁 he was only here 20-25 mins max. Parked up his mobile repair van outside which is an amazing idea! So much more convenient than sending your phone off for repair and it didn't cost me a penny because of warranty. I'd fully recommend anyone getting theirs done too if its peeling as it will make a difference on resale value when my contract ends in December and I wana buy an S20 🤣. He also didn't even restore to factory settings as it wasn't needed so I don't even have to restore all my stuff even though I backed it all up anyway 😂 anyway here's the result.

Thankyou Samsung!20200710_110114.jpg