Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 disconnects randomly from Bluetooth speakerphone / headset for calls, works fine for music

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 03:42 PM)
Josty
Student
Options

I use a JBL Flip4 for music and phone calls throughout the day.  I also use a Jawbone earpiece for calls occasionally.  For calls only the JBL (and Jawbone) recently started switching from the bluetooth device to the S9s speakerphone for apparently no reason.  A couple of more points:

• When this happens the phone does not indicate its in speakerphone mode (speaker icon not lit), but the sound is clearly coming out in in speakerphone (load).  If I turn off the BT device or otherwise disconnect it, the phone goes into normal phone mode (not speakerphone). 
  • If the call ends while the phone is in in the weird, intermediate state the next call answers normally playing through the BT device as expected.  Then at a random time later (sometimes almost immediately, sometimes 20 mintues later) it will jump back to the weird phone speakerphone mode. 

I've tried doing things like disbling my music playback app, restarting the phone (of course) and nothing seems to help.  

2 REPLIES 2
Josty
Student
Options
Bumping - is anyone else seeing this problem??
Kyleo1
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Ironically it plays music no problem via any bluetooth device.  It's only phone calls it will randomly swap to speaker on my cell phone but still show it in bluetooth mode.  I have to turn it off and on to get it reconnected.  Super frustrating when I'm in my call or in a meeting.  I feel bad now because I returned a bluetooth headset thinking it was the headset but learned later it was any bluetooth device.