Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Microsoft products from my phone

(Topic created on: 28-12-2019 12:52 AM)
Yeldarb
Explorer
Options

How do I completely remove these Microsoft products from my phone? Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive have no place on my "Android" phone.

11 REPLIES 11
Woody
Voyager
Options
You can disable them. Free up some space then forget that they're there. I use word and Excel i find them useful.
Woody'S9+
0 Likes
DeVN00ll
Navigator
Options

L0L @Woody 

Best joke since 1.April 

He was asking about remove this product 

Please read the talking point before u comment the Thread 

All ways are  possible to make Samsung great again . 

It's not Pixel or fruits Phones 

0 Likes
Woody
Voyager
Options

@DeVN00ll haha

I hear ya . I was cringing while writing it.

Guess you'll have to down the root route then. Good luck ol chap. 

Woody'S9+
0 Likes
DeVN00ll
Navigator
Options

Like the way u write 😈

No mate  it's not root methods  .. 

On the new phones since S6 to the recent 

u don't need this obsolete method anymore . 

Party at fault  of all this disaster is ***** google with his Android 9 aka Vista who makes error terror on all Phones .

It's a global issue 

Samsung , LG,  Nokia and many more Brand's , even Huawei have problems to get this fixed 

But if they fix something they will not get the approbation to deliver it to the customers 

Google is the new fruit  

It was very tiptoeing 

0 Likes
Yeldarb
Explorer
Options

Very disappointing that they would install this Microsoft rubbish on my phone with no option to remove it. User choice was what attracted me to Samsung line of phones and the Android OS. When it gets to the point when you are looking at rooting a phone to remove unwanted and annoying features it’s time to give it away.

0 Likes
Fassi1
First Poster
Options

You can uninstall updates , then u ll be more free space because they ll be less than 1mo 

0 Likes
JozefBX7
First Poster
Options

@fassi1 No you cannot just uninstall updates because they will be automatically updated again silently in the background no matter what you do. This is with auto updates turned off everywhere. For some reason Google Play updates the ***** apps silently in the background without as much as a notification. So no matter what you have nearly 1gb used by rubbish you don't want or need on your phone. It is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
irmuk
Student
Options
Well, have you tried to DISABLE the apps once ALL UPDATES to them have been uninstalled? Make sure that you FORCE STOP them as well. Also, CLEAR DATA, too, if you're sure that you'll not be needing them again!!
0 Likes
JozefBX7
First Poster
Options
Yes nothing like that works. I ended up buying a new phone.
0 Likes