Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear camera unfocused

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 11:04 AM)
Thursday123
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a new S9- about a month old. Cameras worked fine to.begun but in the past two days the rear camera (the one not for.selfies) has become unfocused for objects st a distance. Selfie mode.works fine. Have read a few support articles and tried things like clearing cache and starting in safe mode but problem persists. Any advice?

Frustrated because this is my first Samsung after years of Apple products and had felt positive about it but this has made me doubt the move.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @Thursday123:smiling-face:

Guessing this is happening despite using the onscreen zoom/focus etc. :thinking-face:

This happening for all objects at a distance, even non-moving ones? And have you tried a hardware test to check if everything's fine there? *#0*# and select 'Megacam' to go through the test. 

0 Likes
Thursday123
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your answer. Yes happening with all objects including moving objects. I have tried  *#0*# but am not really sure what to do with it? It's blurry there as well.

Thanks again,

Bronagh

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Thursday123 , No worries. :smiling-face:

Things are pointing towards the hardware in this case.

Assuming that you can't see anything that might be obscuring things on the rear lens itself (and that you've given it a decent wipe), then it may be best to get it checked out at your nearest Samsung Support Centre.

0 Likes
AggelosT83
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I experience the exact same issue, one month old Samsung S9+ just a few days ago the main back camera get blurry - unfocused everything.

Tried also wiping the cache of the app and the phone but nothing changed, propably is a hardware problem and I will visit samsung store.

0 Likes