Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Pro mode video recording is missing on Android Pie for the Galaxy S9

okay i just got the android 9 update and i just notice that problem ! , i hope i did not upgrade to one ui !
please fix that soon im samsung user i don't want that look alike iphone camera
thx.

282 REPLIES 282
Highlighted

I bought the S9 over other phones because of the manual video recording. THAT was my deciding factor, between Samsung, Apple, and LG. So Sammy can just take away features any time they want, and if you want it back, you have to buy the new model??? I swear if they pull that stunt I will never buy another Samsung device.

Highlighted

Hi 

I just got an S8 because it was the best price option for a phone with good camera and manual video.

Now i received it and theres is no video in promode as you all describe. 

Any hope this will still be fixed?

Otherwise i will return the phone and go to Oneplus.

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Hi, you have to buy a Galaxy S10/e/+ Note10/+ to get it.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᑎᔕᑭᖇOᗪ

Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.

Highlighted

Nope. They're not putting it back in any models before the S10 series.
I'm done with Samsung.

Highlighted

So stupid. But I downloaded the manual cam app for 5eu and it works very good! So that's a cheap workaround.

Highlighted

@Markymarc wrote:

Hi 

I just got an S8 because it was the best price option for a phone with good camera and manual video.

Now i received it and theres is no video in promode as you all describe. 

Any hope this will still be fixed?

Otherwise i will return the phone and go to Oneplus.

Thanks for the help.

No won't be brought back to the S8 now, small chance on the S9 but its unclear yet but I think the S8 is definitely to old for them to supply the needed update..

Highlighted

rumours say that samsung has started working to bring one ui 2.1 to note 9 and s9.

However the s8 and note 8 i think will never get pro video mode back....

Archer
Highlighted

Was there any meaningful reply from Samsung or the mods here ?

Or is it like 99% of the topics on this forum where we raise issue and nobody cares ?

Highlighted

@Robinl wrote:

Was there any meaningful reply from Samsung or the mods here ?

Or is it like 99% of the topics on this forum where we raise issue and nobody cares ?

I honestly have not seen any developer or Staff nobodyposting anything here.  Does anyone know where Samsung developers are based in? Are they  co-located in China with their factories? 

Maybe the China firewall is the one to blame...

Highlighted

There isna kind of official confirmation. Corean moderator have hinted that it will come in june

Archer
Top Liked Authors