Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Pro mode video recording is missing on Android Pie for the Galaxy S9

okay i just got the android 9 update and i just notice that problem ! , i hope i did not upgrade to one ui !
please fix that soon im samsung user i don't want that look alike iphone camera
thx.

280 REPLIES 280
Highlighted
This has nothing to do with GFW.
Devs are based in different locations, mainly in Korea I assume. Anyway that's not the point: there is still no formal acknowledgement from Samsung.
On this forum there are only moderators which have very limited access to Samsung's actual devs...
So unfortunately it is almost pointless to hope for a follow up here.
And via Samsung members it's all the same: always the same BS unresponsible replies without any excuse.
Highlighted

@Robinl wrote:
This has nothing to do with GFW.
Devs are based in different locations, mainly in Korea I assume. Anyway that's not the point: there is still no formal acknowledgement from Samsung.
On this forum there are only moderators which have very limited access to Samsung's actual devs...
So unfortunately it is almost pointless to hope for a follow up here.
And via Samsung members it's all the same: always the same BS unresponsible replies without any excuse.

If not GFW then why is Samsung not involved here? Are they even aware that there are hundreds upset customers here expressing severe dissatisfaction with their strategy? For sure this is clear evidence for their decline in new sales. Just take a look on Sony Experian forums. There are devs posting and addressing customer issues. I already know which brand will my next  PRO Camera phone be.... 

Highlighted

According to this we're getting the 2.1 update in June which apparently brings back pro mode 

https://www.rprna.com/updates/one-ui/galaxy-s9-one-ui-2-1-june-2020/

Highlighted

PRO VIDEO MODE is already available again thnx to the June 2020 update.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

GREAT NEWS!

My S9 just updated to the latest June 1st security update and, I'm more than happy to report, that the Video Pro mode has finally been re-introduced!

Proves that if we go on at them for long enough (I've sent countless e-mails and letters; yes, letters!) we'll eventually get our way!

But thank you Samsung anyway. You listened and acted. There are millions of Samsung users very happy again right now.

Highlighted

So...how long did countless people have to whinge to get this done? Pretty pathetic effort on Samsung's behalf.

They may have fixed the video but now it seems they've stuffed bluetooth headset functionality...can't have it all I guess...***** 😞

Highlighted

It only took Samsung 18 months to reintroduce a feature for which many purchased that phone.

Well done, Samsung better late then never.  It is still step back though - too slow to switch between the modes.

Why the record button was not put back to same place from where it was removed? Nobody need separate video and photo pro mode...

There is more....

a) Before Pie you could set shutter speed manually i.e. 180 deg. shutter while keeping the ISO on Auto - not anymore. 

Now when you set shutter speed also ISO is set to Manual .....

b) It's not possible to disable Optical Image Stabilization- horrible image warping when you try to pan on gimbal even when image stabilization is disaled in settings.

c) Not possible to use Telephoto in Pro Mode Video.

@Aussiefx - I had also an isssue with BT headset but removing and pairing again resolved the issue for me.
Highlighted

Unfortunately this seems to go much further than such a simple fix. I've tried that and a whole lot more and still no good. And it's not just me. Several other colleagues with the same phone have the same problem since a recent update.

Highlighted

Could you share a link to a dedicated forum  thread for the BT related issues you are seeing? Thanks 

Top Liked Authors