Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Pro mode video recording is missing on Android Pie for the Galaxy S9

okay i just got the android 9 update and i just notice that problem ! , i hope i did not upgrade to one ui !
please fix that soon im samsung user i don't want that look alike iphone camera
thx.

282 REPLIES 282
Highlighted
FilmicPro, but don't buy first, try the tester app to see whether it work on your version, as i heard Snapdragon and Exynos different, only Exynos i think. Not sure, i tried it once on Note 9 it work fine, but some setting like 60Fps may not support depend 4k or 1080p.

Anyway, at least it allow you manual adjust everything.
Highlighted

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Has anyone successfully downgraded to Oreo to get the features back?

Highlighted

I have FiLMiC Pro on my S9 in the UK.  I believe that's the Exynos chipset?

Anyway, yes I have all my adjustments back.

In UHD I have 24fps, 25fps, 30fps and 60fps.

At HD I can add 120fps and 240fps.

I have access to ISO,  shutter speed, colour temperature, focus, zoom and even f1.5 or f2.4

BUT... I would rather have the Samsung built-in camera functions, not because they're better but because they're easier to navigate.

That said, FiLMiC Pro is only more difficult to navigate because it has so many functions/combinations.

Highlighted

Playing with Filmic Pro now and it looks like it'll work just fine. Thanks for the help, guys.

I have no idea why Samsung chose to go down this route. It's dumb.

Highlighted

Screenshot_20191122_182700_com.huawei.camera.jpg

Changed to Huawei phone. The pro mode support video pro mode, manual adjust everything. Even on Androids 10. Never look back.

@Henmaker wrote:

Screenshot_20191122_182700_com.huawei.camera.jpg

Changed to Huawei phone. The pro mode support video pro mode, manual adjust everything. Even on Androids 10. Never look back.

@Henmaker Can you set manual shutter speed i.e. 1/120 etc or only. Exposure Variation? (EV) 

If you can please share which model it is I want to switch to another brand. 

Samsung either does not care about PRO users or they had to remove the feature to cover up some gaps in their last flagship devices. 

Highlighted

Screenshot_20191124_091249_com.huawei.camera.jpg

Screenshot_20191124_091254_com.huawei.camera.jpg

Screenshot_20191124_091358_com.huawei.camera.jpg

Seems shuttle speed cannot be adjust when in video pro mode. Only can adjust when photo mode. However the rest like manual focus, white balance, ISO etc all can be adjusted. Support 60fps too but only 1080p. However if Huawei Mate 30 can support 4k 60fps. You might have to wait until it support Google since currently no Google on Huawei Mate 30.

Perhaps can explore OnePlus 7T too. Actually there are many options out there, I'm leaving Samsung at the moment.

Highlighted
I agree 100%!!!!

The Video Pro mode was one of the main reasons I bought a Samsung S9+!

I tried to shoot fireworks and everything looked like s&%t! Video was way overexposed and could not get corrected, white balance was way wrong, focus was hunting continuously all over the place and generally my company S5 Neo and my old S7 which both have Video Pro mode would have made 1000times better job!!!!

Unless Samsung puts back the Video Pro mode, the S9+ will be the last Samsung I will have!
Highlighted

I've already made up my mind!  Like most of you, one of the main reasons I bought my S9 was to benefit from the Video Pro mode.  It was perfect for what I needed.  The S9 will DEFINITELY be the last Samsung phone, or any other, device that I will EVER buy!  TAKE NOTE SAMSUNG!

You've done yourselves no favours at all!

Highlighted

Sad news, according to some youtube reviews of the new One UI 2.0 beta for S9+  Pro mode video is still missing.

Very disappoionting, it has been 1 year since they removed it and ever since then the video quality is horrible in low light.

Great job Samsung.  #DoWhatYouCan't

Top Liked Authors