Support

Open search

Pro mode video ONE UI

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Pro mode video recording is missing on Android Pie for the Galaxy S9

okay i just got the android 9 update and i just notice that problem ! , i hope i did not upgrade to one ui !
please fix that soon im samsung user i don't want that look alike iphone camera
thx.

280 REPLIES 280
Highlighted

@Enjay wrote:

I'm glad I went back to oreo when I did, I've been watching the forum to see how things develop with patches etc for pie but it seems to be getting worse! 

Im sad i missed the chance, forgot about what a security update  would do.

Apparently shamesung did a "security update" making us locked in android 9 now, they changed the binary from 2 to 3 so we can only change the rom to a binary 3 or higher, only android 9 rn lol. 

They screwed the s9+ camera, navigation bar, split screen, smart things, and  ow locked us into this huge pile of :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

I've been searching in what to do but there seems  nothing can be done now. Its trashed.

I hate this  company so mitch right now, always been a Samsung hyper fan. But now.. might change for Huawei or one plus.

@AntS @TracyR  any update? Plz keep this topic alive with devs

Highlighted

Today I received my S10 and I got to say that I agree with you. For almost 3 years I been use S7 edge and I love it. After all this time I thought that I can finally can replace my S7edge but I was so wrong. I brought S10 on 2 years contract in Comviq Sweden operator. Thank god I was able to cancel it and send back mine S10 and I will tell you why:
In less then 30 minutes I was able to found this:
S10 can't switch between cameras in video recording 1080P 60fps and 4K 60fps mode. You are stuck with only one main camera.
S10 don't have PRO mode for video recording.
S10 have lower low light and indoors pictures quality compare to my S7 edge and my wife S8.
S10 have Power-button way up on the side which make it very hard to use with one hand.
S10 USB C charging port is soldered directly to the motherboard so If you damage it basically you have to replace whole motherboard.
S10 feels a bit more hollow when you knock it with the finger on the back glass compare to my S7 edge.
S10 on Youtube App has only 1080p resolution supported while my S7 edge has 1440p
I found this very disappointing and very frustrating that not even one ''PRO'' reviewers on YouTube mention any of this?!
For 1000Euro?! Come on Samsung!
Again big thanks to Comviq for letting me to return S10 back and roll back my old monthly subscription!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does samsung even read/reply to these messages?

Highlighted

1080p on YouTube if because the resolution in display is set to FHD+ if it was set to WQHD+ you world get the higher quality YouTube videos.

Everything else though is spot on, the camera software it's a down grade and I want the original one back.

Highlighted

I received this in reply to my letter to Samsung with regards Video Pro Mode.   The last line makes me cringe!

Due to "minimal usage across Samsung's customers".  REALLY?

That's not a reason to remove it... just leave it where it is! 

I'm only 2 months into 24 month contract, so I am more angry than Samsung will ever know; although I'm gonna keep writing to them to that effect.

Samsung products in my house are, as they "retire" one-by-one, a thing of the past!

Scan.jpgamsung UK:

Highlighted

I think I know what they have done, last night I noticed low light shots are no where near as good as they used to be, I've got some saved and I'm going to compare them, I think they have purposely downgraded our camera and software to make the S10 camera look more of an upgrade, marketing tactics.

So we'll never get back our original camera software. 

@MLHiFi wrote:

I received this in reply to my letter to Samsung with regards Video Pro Mode.   The last line makes me cringe!

Due to "minimal usage across Samsung's customers".  REALLY?

That's not a reason to remove it... just leave it where it is! 

I'm only 2 months into 24 month contract, so I am more angry than Samsung will ever know; although I'm gonna keep writing to them to that effect.

Samsung products in my house are, as they "retire" one-by-one, a thing of the past!

Scan.jpgamsung UK:

Shamesung company at it's best, mods are  not even replying to this post anymore, we have to keep reporting this to Samsung via email or phone  they are not listening us.

Highlighted

@thisisjake89 wrote:

Does samsung even read/reply to these messages?

It's been a week i tagged TracyR and AntS (both mods nothing to do with devs even..)
Still no reply from them so it's almost safe to say nobody gives a dam about our problem and shamesung made sure we have no way to revert to oreo anyway on last "security" update.. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Sad i bought this phone, right now, feeling like a china phone right now. :winking-face:

#NextPhoneWontBeSamsung #ShameOnSamsung

Highlighted

When will they be fixing this? 

Highlighted

I feel the same way. I've been team Samsung since the s4 but I'm beyond irritated with this broken camera update. If they don't fix this soon I'm done. Do you suggest the Pixel3 or the iPhone? 

Top Liked Authors