Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Text for second language stopped working after new update

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 07:49 PM)
Mathrim
First Poster
Options

I use my native language and English on my phone and after the new update the predictive text stopped working for English. I have tried removing the language, resetting settings for keyboard but nothing works. The predicitive text still works for my first language.

11 REPLIES 11
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Mathrim

Have you tried this: Settings> Apps> Samsung Keyboard> Clear Cache and Data, and restart the phone.

If the above doesn't work, try this for a work around:

Settings> General Management> Language and Input> On-Screen keyboard> Samsung Keyboard> Language and Types> Manage Input Languages> Download English US/toggle on English US> Toggle off English UK.
Lulu1965
First Poster
Options

Hi the same problem for me and I have treid your suggestion and it still doesn't work! 😞

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Lulu1965: To troubleshoot your issue please go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Make Sure that Predictive Text is toggled on > Back > About Samsung Keyboard > Tap the 'i' in the top right > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your phone. Please be aware that this will remove any personal settings from your keyboard.
0 Likes
SteveB2
First Poster
Options

Just discovered the default keyboard was switched to Samsung Keyboard Neutral Beta. I have switched it back to Samsung keyboard and everything works !!

0 Likes
Lulu1965
First Poster
Options
Thank you. Actually took it in to EE and that is actually what they did. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Members_5JtcqUF
Student
Options

My keyboard is still greyed out

0 Likes
Zanussi
Journeyman
Options

Dear SaudA,

Your suggestion is not appropriate for users who regularly change input language, i.e. several times a minute not once-per-day.

0 Likes
Zanussi
Journeyman
Options

Dear AndrewL,

Your suggestion is not appropriate for users who regularly change input language, i.e. several times a minute not once-per-day.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Zanussi, which language are you having this issue with? Have you tried the suggestion above with regard to checking if it's switched to Samsung Keyboard Neural Beta?  

0 Likes