Did you mean: 

Phone update, had caused error S9

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 01:46 PM)
Mariew123
First Poster
Options

Hi

Does any one know how to fix this problem please, 

My phone did an update and now every time i go into my contacts list to call someone I get an error message and have to close the app !

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Voci
First Poster
Options

I guess factory reset will do the work, but be sure you have all saved before.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mariew123 

Could you tell us which model of phone you have please?

0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options
Samsung Galaxy s9
0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20201113-123909_Phone.jpg

0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options
why does it say my post has been deleted?
0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options
is anyone able to help ??
0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options
why is no action required, ? my phonebook is still not working, i cant uninstall my phone book and the error is still occurring ? can you actually write some words please that may give me a clue how to fix this problem !
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I will be happy to help @Mariew123 . have you tried to clear the app cache and data? You can do this from the phone Settings> Apps> Search for this app there> Storage> Clear cache and then clear data.

Please run the phone in Safe Mode to see if a third party app may be causing the issue. You can do this by following these steps: Turn off your phone > Power on your device normally > As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key > Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen > Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar. If this is working while the phone is running on Safe Mode, I would recommend deleting your third party apps one by one and monitoring your phone to find which one is causing the issue.

0 Likes
Mariew123
First Poster
Options
thank you for your support
i have cleared cache,
put phone in safe mode and error still accours
??
0 Likes