Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone photos disappeared when transferring them to computer.

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 11:43 PM)
linijs
First Poster
Options

Hello. I was transferring photos from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ storage to my computer by selecting the folder and pressing "Ctrl+X" and pasting it into my computers hardrive. A window popped up calculating the time it would take to finish the process, but shortly after it closed. I disconnected my phone from the computer and my photos were gone and the folder in my computer was empty. The folder I transferred from my phone was about 20 GB in size. I don't have any photos backed up on any cloud based services. Is there any way I could recover my lost photos? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Nially
Navigator
Options

A quick Google search came up with this

In computing, Ctrl+x is the key combination of the control key and a key usually labeled "x" (lower-case letter ex), typically used to delete selected text. Conventionally, the key combination is produced by holding down Ctrl and X simultaneously.

Ctrl c is copy and Ctrl v is paste. so you have deleted your photos and i doubt you can get them back off a fone. 

0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
was looking thru other posts and seen this. hope it helps

Download the app "DiskDigger" from the app store. My wife lost her pics off her phone and I opened that app (after a few hours digging into it) and ran the scan, and all the images she took had appeared in there...then you can save them to a folder, THEN BACK THEM UP!

0 Likes
sandymo
Pioneer
Options

Try Samsung data recovery software to help you recover the deleted photos. But before that, you need to stop using your Samsung Galaxy S9, cause if the deleted photos were overwritten by new data, it's impossible to recover them back. And next time if you want to transfer photos from Samsung Galaxy S9 to computer, try samsung mobile manager tool. With its help, you can access to all photos on it and export them to computer with one-click. Good luck to you.

0 Likes
Carla1988
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice as the same thing happened to me. I tried Disk digger and found my lost files and recovered them but the photos were compromised and not focused or "clear" a little blurry like they were a screen grab or a photo of a photo.

Better than nothing I guess!

0 Likes
Carla1988
First Poster
Options

The same thing just happened to me too. I followed the advice of a reply comment on this thread and tried the Disk Digger app with some success (see my reply to other comment)

Hope you had success too.

0 Likes
Carla1988
First Poster
Options

CTRL X is also "cut" 

0 Likes
Saba_t
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, but I couldn't use this application.

Does your message means that rooting the device may not cause any problem? 

Screenshot_20211007-054946_DiskDigger.jpg

0 Likes