Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for Dual Camera mode to be brought back!

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 04:21 AM)
nucleare
Explorer
Options

In response to comments posted here, I have created and published an online petition requesting that Samsung Mobile bring back or re-enable the preloaded camera app feature of Dual Camera mode!

Please sign the petition and share on social media if this was a feature you once used or miss having or if you simply want to support your fellow Samsung mobile users!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/revive-dual-cam

Thank you for everyone's support!

@FatalException @Krmeliux @Jack770 @CameronBhola @Nightskymama @Rv-S7 @WillIAm16 @Enjay @AngelOti1 @krastev 

4 REPLIES 4
Jack770
Journeyman
Options
I'm so happy about this happening thanks I will gladly sign and share. 👏
nucleare
Explorer
Options

Much apprecaited! We need to gain some momentum T_T

msuchom
Explorer
Options

11 months ago at Samsung unpacked event, Samsung announced that they will open its Camera SDK to enable developers to bring Samsung camera powers to third-party apps..(* evidence here: Link 1  and   here: Link 2).

I raised a separate topic on this. Please add it to the petition. \samsung did did not  fulfill their comittment commitment. Also Pro Mode video recording was removed. You can no longer set manual focus, ISO, shutter - low light videos look horrible.

Samsung actually did exact oposite of what they promissed:

Link to developer.samsung.com  Quote:"As of Dec. 1, 2019, the Camera SDK (v1.0.0 - v1.3.2) is deprecated on all devices. We regret any inconvenience." So instead of Opening the Camera  SDK/NDK, the already existing SDK available since 2015 is now no longer supported.  That means even less functionality to 3rd party apps/devs. "

Should we trust Samsung that they will deliver what will be promissed on their next Unpacked event? 

#DoWhatYouCan't   #LiesLiesLies

nucleare
Explorer
Options

Wow! thank you for the insight and adding all that extra information! Now we definitely have a reason to be even more adamaent about Samsung releasing its Camera SDK if not bringing back the dual camera feature. I will be adding this to the petition per your request, thank you so much for your contribution!

EDIT: but wait, the link you provided does indicate it is deprecated but I was able to download the Camera SDK. However, It's clear that this SDK does not include the API functions that would otherwise provide insight on how to recreate this feature...now it seems more like a business trade secret that they're trying to protect so I worry our petition will need to focus more on bringing back the feature moreso then releasing the proprietary APIs that would otherwise allow the feature to be recreated.