Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not receiving updates on my galaxy s9

(Topic created on: 13-04-2019 09:13 PM)
mykola
First Poster
Options

Hello guys , I do need some help to fix my phone update  issue. 3 months ago I bought my phone at some local online shop ( 3 months of warranty included )  Not a long time ago I realised that my last phone update dates September  2018 (when I tried to update my smartphone it was said that the latest update was already installed ) .I contacted Samsung Ukraine and they told me that my phone is not officially certified in Ukraine and they couldn't help me with this problem. A few days later I found out that my firmware csc region is Germany. I instantly contacted Samsung Germany office. They told me that I need to contact Samsung Ukraine to solve my problem and it's not their policy to help me... I understand that i bought a retail uncertified  version of my phone,  but still i want to understand how to deal with such a problem.  

Screenshot_20190413-230912.jpg

Screenshot_20190413-231013_Software update.jpg

Any suggestions ? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Paraucr12
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have the same problem as you have.

Can you tell me if you did find any solution for the problem?

Thank you very much.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Enjay
Voyager
Options

Well at present you'll be on the oreo operating system, check out pie aka Android 9 online and see if you really want it. 

If you do I'd contact samsung through the members app explaining everything and see if they can help. 

If not then you'll need to look up about how to flash the firmware yourself. Could check out wether you can install the Ukraine version too. 

I'd Google it but also look at the xda developers site. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@mykola: If you're outside the phone's region of origin then this can affect your ability to update the software due to compatibility issues. What I'd suggest is checking out Smart Switch on your home computer: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
Once installed, connect your S9 to your computer via USB cable and look for an update prompt on the Smart Switch home page, next to your device details. If you can't see a prompt then regretfully an update is not available for your device in your region.
0 Likes
mykola
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@mykola: If you're outside the phone's region of origin then this can affect your ability to update the software due to compatibility issues. What I'd suggest is checking out Smart Switch on your home computer: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
Once installed, connect your S9 to your computer via USB cable and look for an update prompt on the Smart Switch home page, next to your device details. If you can't see a prompt then regretfully an update is not available for your device in your region.

The thing is that pie is a thing in my country since January XD. I think I need to contact shop where I bought my smart and ask them for a refund...

0 Likes
Solution
Paraucr12
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
mykola
First Poster
Options
Hi,
Yes I found the solution.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s9/faq/firmware-flash/

Don't forget to do a backup !!!!!!!
0 Likes
mykola
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes I found the solution.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s9/faq/firmware-flash/

Don't forget to do a backup !!!!!!!

0 Likes
Paraucr12
Apprentice
Options
Thank you very much.
So just to be clear you installed the updated firmware from Germany (DBT) or the firmware from Ukraine (SEK) ?
Also after you installed the updates did you start receiving OTA updates from Samsung or do you still need to install every firmware update by yourself?
0 Likes
mykola
First Poster
Options

Hey again, 

I had DBT and I switched to Sek.

But you should choose your region.

Yes, I receive updates automatically

0 Likes
Martin221
First Poster
Options

@Paraucr12 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you very much.

0 Likes