Support

Open search

No Alarm Sound?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues after the One UI update.

Some times the Alarm sound does not go off, the phone just vibrates. Even if I try changing to a different sound there is no sound.

I have checked that the volume is turned up.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

The only way I know how to fix this is to restart the phone which is quite annoying as I only realise there is no sound when the phone vibrates and it actually wakes me up otherwise I just sleep through the alarm as there is no sound. 

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Having same issue.  Even reset phone, still doesn't make sound nor does it vibrate.  Everything else seems to work correctly, only issue is the alarm.

Highlighted
remove the app and reload it. it worked fine for me.
Highlighted

I'm currently having this issue and I have tried everything listed in this community and other suggestions. Nothing has worked. 

Highlighted

What worked for me was to go into Settings > Apps then I cleared the cache and data from the Clock app.  This deletes all your alarms.  You'll have to create new ones but the new ones will make sound.

Highlighted

Yeah im not getting any sound from alarm only vibrating. And I thought it was because i had the phone set to vibrate. I guess its not just me. I am also having a issue with spotify. It takes forever to do anything when i first turn it on. And sometimes it freezes for no reason when i am listening for a while and then go to switch songs or to another station. It doesnt do that on my S8+ or even my J7 perx.

Highlighted

@waseemmm89 wrote:

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues after the One UI update.

Some times the Alarm sound does not go off, the phone just vibrates. Even if I try changing to a different sound there is no sound.

I have checked that the volume is turned up.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

The only way I know how to fix this is to restart the phone which is quite annoying as I only realise there is no sound when the phone vibrates and it actually wakes me up otherwise I just sleep through the alarm as there is no sound. 

Yes I have

Highlighted

Try deleting all your alarms and create new ones.  This was what worked for me finally.  I tried a lot of other things including resetting my phone which did not work.

Highlighted

The Samsung Note 9's alarm is the worst on any Samsung phone ever.  It either does not ring on the DAY one sets it, or at the time one sets it.   Why did Samsung try to 'fix' something which wasn't broken in its earlier versions ? They had perfectly good alarm clocks. This one has the entire week - which is unnecessary. If you can't fix it, you should allow owners of the Note 9 to delete or replace it with a simpler one. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I've been having the same issue but mine does not sound when it's on mute 

i have the same problem

Top Liked Authors