Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G connection (symbol shows!)

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 02:37 AM)
jari8289
Student
Options

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S9 since 1y and it worked fine. Recently I updated the software to the latest version, and I noticed my 4G doesn't work. The symbol shows, but only the arrow UP is constantly lit. The DOWN arrow is blank. I contacted my provider and they saw no problem. They have given me a new SIM-card, without any result. When I put this SIM-card in an old S6 device, the 4G connection works fine. So I think the problem is with my S9 device. Maybe it has nothing to do with the update, but I think this in not a coincidence.

Anyone has this problem too?

Solution?

Kind regards

Jari

22 REPLIES 22
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all, if you are still having issues with this, please send us an error report through the Members app. That way, it can be looked at by our developers in more detail. To send this, head to Members app > Support > Feedback > Error log. Please do this within 15-minutes of having the issue.

You'll receive a reply through the Members app as soon as there is a fix/more info on this. Cheers!
0 Likes
Royals_City
First Poster
Options

I only have LTE connection on my s9 plus. Cannot set it to 4G as the option to do this is not on the settings. 

Hope Samsung fixes this asap! 

0 Likes
Asobo1
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem here as I updated the latest version I no longer have have 4G neither a stronger interest in my phone why?
0 Likes
Delusionist
First Poster
Options

Among all the other suggestions to fix it that didn't...

I upgraded from my S9+ to the S20 Ultra

I tried two more sim cards

I factory reset the phone WITHOUT restoring settings, apps or anything else.

I installed another update.

... and my husband's 3 year old S8 is getting 4G as I sit right next to him.

If another update isn't realeased soon to fix the issue, the phone's going back, and I'll have to break away from Samsung. I've been with them since my SIII.

0 Likes
joaoacpjr
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I'm in Prague in Czech Republic.

S9 +
SM-G9650

Kind regards

João

0 Likes
AnthonyM7
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue only my phone won't be able to make/receive call or text messages, and the internet does not work. The issue is intermittent, and only happens when the plus symbol isn't present next to the LTE symbol, meaning that LTE advanced isn't working when the up arrow gets stuck flashing in the up position. This only lasts approximately 30-45 seconds, but it make my phone very unreliable. I've already reconfigured the APN settings, gotten a new SIM card from AT&T, and reinstalled android with a factory unlocked firmware as well as an AT&T compatible firmware. At this point I can only suspect a hardware issue with the phone. The phone is a Samsung s10+

0 Likes
Simon1959
Journeyman
Options
since the latest update i have had no 4g (even though settings show its enabled), unable to access gallery and unable to recieve incoming long distant calls (caller cant hear me or gets answerphone and no message is recorded). I am unable to make outgoing long distance calls. So far latest update is awful
0 Likes
Harper82
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue on my s8

0 Likes
user20201
First Poster
Options

Was your problem resolved ??

I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
Members_lclUeVI
First Poster
Options

I have Note 8 and after the last update, 3G/4G doesn't work, just 2G. I change the Sim - the same issue. My Sim in Samsung S8+ work fine. I checked the settings - all is OK. I made factory reset - just 2G works. Please help me.

0 Likes