Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 11:26 PM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
Shaish
Apprentice
Options

Hello, has anyone found a solution for it?

Can someone verify if it's software or hardware issue?

For now I use the AOD "solution" for avoiding the flickers, but I really don't think it's a long term solution.

Thank!

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options
What is the AOD solution?
0 Likes
Shaish
Apprentice
Options

The Always on display.

Apperantly, as long as the AOD is on, if you push the power button or finger print method, the flicking issue doesn't appear. That is how I use the phone since this issue arrived. Let's you wait 3 sec between turning the screen on, but it's still working...

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options
Oh right, the always on display..
What has been working for me, when I know it is going to give me problems, is as follows:
I use my thumb to cover up the brightness sensor (on the top left) and thus the phone goes into lowest brightness and is able to show the screen. This I use when I have to use the phone several times.. Still, samsung should come forward and fix this *****.
0 Likes
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options
yeah ! i was'nt aware of the issue till i found out samsung are the best manufacturers making great displays that works great for an year and after warranty. it starts to show up the downside of the display and there are a lot of issues other than the current one which we are facing. i have fixed the issue by selling my s9+ for a cheaper price just because the solution was to replace the motherboard after i have check with other display which didn't fixed problem to me
0 Likes
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options
well , its sad to know that there are people suffering like the same i did. i have solved the issue by selling my s9+ for a very cheaper price after i have enquired the price of motherboard replacement which was the only solution to the issue and i confirmed it after checking a test display which showed same issue . samsung responded in a very worst way which will make me think a 1000 times before i buy any of the samsung products next time. and this is a reason why i still prefer apple . we have to pay a lot to apple but fact is , they won't treat customers like ***** when we approach them with any issues.
0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

WARNING:

Samsung released 1 or 2 days ago a new update and now the green lines are GONE. edit: I live in Portugal.

WHAT A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT *****S at customer support, always saying I HAD to replace hardware!!! I am really glad I didn't, I was Sure this was on samsung side. Also, the mods on these forums are ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS and provide ZERO benefit to the community. 

FOR SHAME SAMSUNG!!! YOU SHOULD FINANCIALLY COMPENSATE EVERYONE WITH THIS ISSUE, MONTHS OF PROBLEMS WITH MY PHONE BECAUSE OF YOUR INCOMPETENCE AND ZERO WORDS FROM YOUR PART.

FOR SHAME. BUYING SAMSUNG??? NEVER AGAIN!!

2shaezik
Apprentice
Options

I just checked my phone and found no new update. Please how did you do yours? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

I think samsung doesn't release updates all at once. I live in Portugal. Depending on your country, this may be different, even different updates if not mistaken..

I just had an update show up on my phone, haven't done anything elsewhere.

0 Likes
RoboS9
Journeyman
Options

My S9 does not have an update. I wonder where the last poster who updated is living.

0 Likes