Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Lock Screen Notifications incomplete

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 05:47 AM)
NeilKerkham
Journeyman
Options

I just upgraded from the S8 to the S10 and the lock screen notifications are playing up.

Anyone seen this before and know how to resolve it ?

You can see the email notification being shown in full and not cut-off, but if you have a look at the other one, it is half cut-off.

This is just an example, it happens to other apps, and depends on how many notifications are in there at a time.

I'm on a S10, Android Pie, freshly reset and rebuilt.

Thanks

Neil

Screenshot_20200716-144106_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If you think its just a feature of the lockscreen clock then you can get more options. Goodlock made by Samsung offers the option lockstar. In lockstar your able to edit anything on your lock screen so maybe moving your notifications to a different location might also help. You also have item visibility where you can turn features on and off and possibly fix your issue by turning off there visibility. This also gives you way more clock options to choose from.

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Hope this helps.Screenshot_20200719-212814_LockStar.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-213010_LockStar.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Just press the orange arrow in the top right corner of the bubble to expand the notification.
0 Likes
NeilKerkham
Journeyman
Options

The orange arrow is for the Email notification, and that one is fine, it is the one below that i have circled in yellow.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It looks like a widget or app failed to load in between your clock and notifications. Try going to setting>lock screen>facewidgets and turn these off. If this helps, you will need to find the app thats displaying that banner and clear the data.

0 Likes
NeilKerkham
Journeyman
Options

I wish it was a single app, but it is happening with multiple apps. See below.

Screenshot_20200720-081840_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20200720-094505_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If you boot into safe mode you can check if it a system problem or an installed app.

1. Press down and hold on the Power button (on the right-hand side of the phone) until you see the Power off icon.
  2. Press and hold on the Power Off icon until you see the Safe Mode icon.
  3. Tap on the Safe Mode icon and the Galaxy S10 will begin going into that mode

If your still experiencing this problem is safe mode you might want to consider doing another factory reset.

0 Likes
NeilKerkham
Journeyman
Options

Im in Safe Mode now, what do i do in here ?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

You will need to receive a message or basic notification to test if it still looks the same.

If your still experiencing this problem is safe mode you might want to consider doing another factory reset.

0 Likes
NeilKerkham
Journeyman
Options

OK, thanks!

I saw another post about the type of clock you use on the lock screen or AOD can make it screw up.

Ive just changed the clock type to something different, ill see if that fixes it.

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If you think its just a feature of the lockscreen clock then you can get more options. Goodlock made by Samsung offers the option lockstar. In lockstar your able to edit anything on your lock screen so maybe moving your notifications to a different location might also help. You also have item visibility where you can turn features on and off and possibly fix your issue by turning off there visibility. This also gives you way more clock options to choose from.

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Hope this helps.Screenshot_20200719-212814_LockStar.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-213010_LockStar.jpg

0 Likes