Support

Open search

LED notification not working after Android 10 update

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello,

 

After Android 10 update, LED notification do not work anymore. I did Factory Reset - not helpfull. I booted phone in Safe mode - not helpfull.

 

I discovered, it has some connection to EdgeLighting. If Edge Lighting is Off, LED notification is not working at all.

If EdgeLighting is On, than for supported apps by EdgeLighting, LED is working, too (ex. Viber, Messages...), but it doesn work for Missed call.

 

Somebody help?

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Explorer

Update: Notification LED has been fixed in April update for Galaxy S9 and S9+

 

Note 9 users please wait ...

Highlighted

I have just had the April update in the UK and unfortunately the LED notification issue is not fixed.  While it notifies me of missed text messages and Whatsapp messages, it still does not flash when I have a missed call.  This issue occured when the phone updated to Android 10 / One UI 2.0 in January.

 

Or is there a setting I am missing?

Highlighted

I had a security update in early April, but this didn't fix the issue. If you had an update on Sunday, anyone else and I who hasn't received this update yet will get this soon which will fix this issue.

Highlighted

As far as I know, Samsung only role out one update a month (hopefully I am wrong here).  Some users get the update earlier in the month then others but it is still the same update I think.  My update was yesterday and it has not fixed the issue.

Highlighted

I received the April update yesterday and it HAS fixed the issue for me.

It also fixed the issue where the boot screen (Enter encryption key) was in Portuguese rather than English.

 

 

Highlighted
Is LED shows missed call?
Highlighted
Is LED alert for missing call?
Highlighted

@Alan85843234994 wrote:

I received the April update yesterday and it HAS fixed the issue for me.

It also fixed the issue where the boot screen (Enter encryption key) was in Portuguese rather than English.

 

Does the LED show missed calls for you again now?  It still doesn't for me even after the update.  


 

Highlighted

@ripjean wrote:

@Alan85843234994 wrote:

I received the April update yesterday and it HAS fixed the issue for me.

It also fixed the issue where the boot screen (Enter encryption key) was in Portuguese rather than English.

 

Does the LED show missed calls for you again now?  It still doesn't for me even after the update.  


 


Yes, it does.

Highlighted

@Alan85843234994 wrote:

@ripjean wrote:

@Alan85843234994 wrote:

I received the April update yesterday and it HAS fixed the issue for me.

It also fixed the issue where the boot screen (Enter encryption key) was in Portuguese rather than English.

 

Does the LED show missed calls for you again now?  It still doesn't for me even after the update.  


 


Yes, it does.


Thanks.  How annoying that it is not working on my phone still.  Wonder if it is settings related 

Top Liked Authors