Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update ruined samsung s9

(Topic created on: 03-04-2019 06:00 PM)
RaphaBahy
First Poster
Options

Hello, my samsung just updated to android 9 (One UI versio  1.0) and i've never had such an instant bummer before.

For some reason all interface seems bigger and the icons are all looking childy, all rounded up, colors everywhere... when i push the screen brightness down to adjust it, a giant text that say "BRIGHTNESS" appear in half the screen.

And the worst off all, the hour display is on the top left of my screen.... WHYY????

Yesterday my cellphone was discret and cool. Today it sucks...

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's TRUE that some either like the Samsung One Ui or some don't.

However there are things you can do.

Download the Goodlock App from Galaxy Apps and along with other options it allows the clock to be moved back over to the previous side.

Samsung Themes Store allows things to look different too or just download an icon pack.

You can send feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + App about your thoughts too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
RaphaBahy
First Poster
Options

In all my life, when i had an mobile, the clock was top right of the screen.... 
Again i ask, why??? 
I dont wanna have use third parties apps to fix that... i acctualy tried this one but couldnt change the clock position...

0 Likes
RaphaBahy
First Poster
Options
Cant I downgrade my cellphone?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So if you don't want to use the Goodlock app which is a Samsung app then the clock would stay where it is.

It's a simple workaround to use goodlock but at the end of the day it's your choice.

Samsungs official stance is that the firmware cannot be rolled back.

However check on xdadevelopers site and Google search and you come across options in regards to firmware. 

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes