Support

Open search

Latest update messed up my phone!

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Allowed the update to happen today (06 Feb 19) & now there are so many things I can't see... white text on white background. Quick access to settings - I now just have blue or white circles, no idea what's what. Keyboard has changed. Cant see text in my Calendar... the list goes on & on!! What is this all about? FURIOUS that I've got to spend hours finding out how to change things back to how I want them & not possible most the time!

Then find trying to post this impossible too!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Observer

Yes! My phone is real glitchy and slow. Can't really play any of my games either!

Highlighted
Observer

I also got an automatic update Feb 7 and afterwards, on the home screens, the icon names/titles underneath were all ghosted out.  You can barely see them and it doesn't change with a different background.  Can't fix it.  Very maddening.  If it can't be fixed I will - after decades of holding out - change to an IPhone

Highlighted

I have no special Theme selected on my S9 (and never have had anything other than a bogstandard one) but my keyboard is completely messed up with no suggested wording, predictive txt options on any txt application and it's beyond acceptable. (Yes i have checked settings which tell me it's all still working as previously...) Please advise of a way to fix this asap?

Highlighted

@Write2eye 

As I see it.your options are to....

1. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

3. Let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone Owner.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G _256Gb >_ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Top Liked Authors