Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Explorer

Yesterday, ate my battery life, which is a new problem. Today my previous notification sound (prior to pie update) for my voicemail came back. But caused my voicemail not to come to my app on my phone. Had to retrieve it manually. And during this time the phone turned on my location all by itself. Then my phone decided to send me notifications to my watch for two text message programs. Another new problem.... Every day brings on another twist. And each day I perform a power cycle to try and avoid these problems.

Highlighted
Explorer

Very true!

Highlighted
Voyager

Mdemik,

Thank you for that. All the pieces to the puzzle help. I spoke to one tech at Samshmuck and he said that the program was the result of many focus groups and surveys. It was when I inquired as to the age range of the participants that he choked.  I would guess that the groups polled where of the age that games were a big part of the discussion, and those who had seen the Iphones up close and wished their daddy would buy them one of those instead of the Samsung phone that appears more serious.

I thankyou again for that bit of news.  Maxozone

Highlighted
Voyager

Time to call Samugh and speak to Aziz, or Punjab about how to turn your stuff off and stop all the background programs, and runit on a very dim screen, and set it so it goes to sleep when you look away,,,,,

Highlighted
Explorer

Actually I do have all the unwanted, and hardly used programs sleeping. I only use about 6 or 7 programs normally and they don't require much battery. Screen does sleep and brightness is at about 1/2. I also have the setting set to keep phone from opening apps when in my pocket. as well as doing a check on apps, memory and battery using the menu in settings for battery. It will also let you know if you have any apps hogging battery.  Prior to update two weeks ago would only have to charge battery every 2 or 3 days. What is most likely using my battery is the apps, GPS, and other settings that keep popping up when the phone is idle, since the last update. One last thing is I always push the sleep button on the right side before I put it in my pocket.  So the only way to get something open would be to first unlock my screen using either my pattern or biometrics.

Highlighted
Explorer

Officially not getting another Samsung ever.  This has been half a year and they haven't done squat.  There are still so many problems with the phone after updating to this, including several apps not working as intended.  I'm done. Badbye Samsung, your UI sucks and I'm done. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Having owned an S2, S4, S6 Edge, S8 and briefly an S9, I now use my S8 with Oreo.

I cannot and will not (with much regret) buy the S10 based purely on my experience with this Pie update.

What an absolute corner I've backed myself into.

Having the ability to replace firmware taken away from us goes against the founding open source principles of android o.s.  full stop.

The power (influence at least) of Google has become evident to a worrying degree.

If I wanted a Google phone I would have bought a Pixel whatever.

Oh!

Smart but not so smart, Customers such as Samsung will feel the impact maybe even collaborate to undermine such dominance.

I mean look at Huewai. (Yes U.S government is bigger than Google)

Not withstanding, android has always really been Google's to do with as they desired and eventually developed.

Do we have a voice? Not really.

I find myself stuck and concerned I'll end up like an old person who won't part with their 3310. I'm only 51 ***** it!

Sorry Samsung, I'm really sorry, Untill Pie is fixed, the  S10 on will not be purchased by me.

So stuck I am.

Highlighted
Explorer

I am with you. You are tied to a 1 thousand dollar phone. This is twice this has happened to me. I previously had an S7. Which was horribly ruined by updates. Battery life became HORRIBLE and stayed that way. Now the Note 9 that was also 995.00 plus tax. But anyway no more 1k phones for me. 

When the people that make, market, and sell these 1k phones could care less. Why in a tight economy for consumers would we spend our hard earned money for something that in 2-3 months will be a boat anchor.

I spoke with one of the Verizon employees this week at lunch one day and their response was maybe it will get solved in the next OS 10 software. To which I responded yes that has happened to me 3 times now. Just wait for 4-12 months till we solve the problems that we caused by your last update, and then we will tell you that BTW you need a new phone to run this software. And so the new chase begins.

Highlighted
Explorer
You summed it up well.
Highlighted
Voyager

Oh yes, a previous poster said it was all just the "theme" ... Hogwash the lot!!  Wait till the next OS my *****!

They got my $1200 and I have not heard a peep one about giving me back the phone I bought in the first place.

I'll wager two pence to the pound that they leave us all flat with not a word of help

Top Liked Authors