Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted

That would be alarming if Google could randomlr make systemic changes to Samsung Devices...I don't buy the "Android update" changing icons and cameras and how to get wallpaper story. If that was the case, then the cheapest phone makers would have the same stuff as a Samsung and then why buy Samsung? 

Highlighted

This the worst update Samsung ever provided. I am using Sumsung mobile from 2002. Never seen anything worse than this. Just hate this.

-Samsung Note 8

Highlighted

If you hold down on the home screen and edit widgets ect. You are able to change the size from 5×4 to 5×5 ect.

Highlighted

I had the same problem i had to change my theme and then i could see my messages

Hope it helps 😊

Highlighted
I felt that on every level!
Highlighted

In the US, the Federal Trade Commission is the one to file complaints; https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I encourage every disgrundled customer to do this.

Highlighted

I'm gonna bet that LG, BlackBerry, Apple, Nokia, & all the other phone makers out there, will show hefty profits next quarter. Who is going to be foolish enough to buy Samsung products after this *****ic update? I have the S9 now...a piece of ***** after update, I had Neo 5 before that...which was sent off so many times that they just said they couldn't do anything for that brick & I was stuck with it, a Samsung TV & $1400 soundbar that just sits there & does nothing...Nope! Bye Samsung...this is enough. :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Highlighted
Just Browsing

yep i believe the clock morphed onto the left side to allow for phones with the Iphone notched extra screen muppet looking phones.

I share your pain, i have samsung s9+ and thought the update would be good, I have a reasonably new phone it should handle upgrading....

rotten battery life straight away I have to charge it at about 2pm with very light use during the day. (since 6am 100%) FIXED*

Evie launcher to replace some of the retarded looking icons of 'pie'

Swiftkey Keyboard! is an absolute gem... Has a comprehensive clipboard and doesnt crash, so awesome.

before 'pie'I had no need for third party system apps, thanks pie you opened my eye.

Cheers Kel

Highlighted

get the evie launcher my friend, download  icons from "pixel icon pack". Make the app drawer look like you want it to, the icons can be handpicked from a large stock pile of normal looking icons.

Highlighted

Now after some time i cannot find how to use split screen to run two application at the same time. The beautiful sounding phone is now rubbish. I also hate that the home button and the navigation button has been changed and the new minimalistic buttons will show even though a video is playing in full screen ruining the aesthetics of the phone. I really hate the new update.

Top Liked Authors