Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options

I don't know what they've done to the email, but there's something wrong with receiving photos.

Whenever I get photos sent through, instead of having 3 attachments, they're being duplicated, and I'm getting 6 or 9!

Dropadeuce
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20190211-080320_Messages.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?  I can't see my contacts at all...this happened after the new update.  

Marleenvds
Explorer
Options
I had the same problem with the calendar. Try to find wich "theme" you had choosen as wallpaper. If you are lucky there is allready an update available for your theme. Otherwise you need to choose another one, like a Samsung theme...
Dropadeuce
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I will try that!! Your 🙏
0 Likes
Dropadeuce
Apprentice
Options
And.......That worked. Guess it didn't like the new update either...lol
Marie541
Pioneer
Options

Jenova, what is your point. So? It's Google but it's integrated as an updated on the Samsung phone.  And is horrible.

Enfurecido
Student
Options

Totally agree!!!! This 1.8GB update is total garbage, everything looks so childish, the clock in the upper bar is now placed at left (so annoying!!!!) and when in hell will we get an option to hide this clock anyway?

I use the Xperia Clock widget and now it is failing so bad. The clock won't reflect the updated time, it just freezes for 1 hour. The same for the battery indicator in this widget. What a failure is this update.

c_wade
Apprentice
Options

Can someone tell me how to either uninstall this? just unlocking my phone now is almost annoying enough to get a different phone. Anyone else get a huge white box when just trying to copy and paste something? Its like playing a game.. GUESS WHERE THE COPY BUTTON IS ?? except its not fun

MandzJ
Journeyman
Options

I asked Samsung how to go back. I was told I could take it to Liverpool and get it reflashed This would be a three hour round trip for me.

Come on Samsung, listen to your customer base

Jenova
Explorer
Options
Okay, but..... it's not their fault. It's Google 🙂
0 Likes