Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SugarBunnies 

I've had the update on my Note 9 since last Monday and I agree some of the new gestures etc do take a little while to adjust to.

In regards to the clock I do sometimes still look on the right hand side of my status bar  !

The best way to channel feedback to Samsung is to use the Samsung Members App.

Two changes I'd like to see are to return the stacked view in multi tasking instead of just only the cards view currently.

And I use two different network sim cards in my Note so I have two network signal bars in my status bar at the top.

In Oreo the one I'd chosen as the default had a box around it so at a glance I could see which I'm using.

This has been removed so now I just have the two different network signal bars on show.

I've sent this as feedback via the Samsung Members App. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Harley99
Student
Options

I've also noticed that all the passwords that were saved with my fingerprint aren't working anymore, also there is no option for using fingerprint to get onto secret mode on Samsung internet anymore. This new update is the worst Samsung have ever done 

Jenova
Explorer
Options

It's awful.

Aesthetically it looks like it was designed by a toddler who just got crayons for the first time.

Bixby also doesn't allow me to remove what could potentially be private videos from newsfeed. Pics, I can remove but recent videos just plays when tapped. No remove option.

It's unpleasant and has no flow.

Not to mention - quit removing the option to have our own custom music set for individual contact text messages. We might have a valid reason for needing priority messages set with their own ringtone. 

OttoEmmerich
Apprentice
Options

The update is utterly rubbish. Looks awful and seems to me like samsung have taken several steps backwards in terms of usability.

To answer the user aboves point about the Video card on Bixby just randomly playing private videos.

You can disable the card from showing up by pressing the three vertical dots at the top of the Bixby window, then press 'Cards'. Here you can enable and disable any card on the Bixby window, including the Video Player. 

I have however, not found how to re-order any of the cards. At the moment they just sit in alphabetical order...

Jenova
Explorer
Options

That was the first thing I tried.... I wouldn't have come here before trying the simple stuff. I just completely disabled Bixby in the end, so that was a counter productive move if they want us to use it. It irritates the bejesus out of me anyway, so no real loss 😂

Some of the changes, I'm sure will be good. But I hate the way it looks. Everything is too big, I preferred it neater. 

M4CK
Apprentice
Options

I have the Note 9 the 512GB version.

It lookt very professional and the android was good looking.

They gave this a childisch look.

If you swipe the menu from up till down it looks like the old android phones again.

A really bad move.

Thisversion make android looks a cheap version from Apple.

Jenova
Explorer
Options

Exactly my feeling. You don't buy an expensive phone to have the interface look like a bloody Tomy kids phone....

sizzygal
First Poster
Options

how do i change back to the previous software. This one is so effing bad. . the design is bad... the notification is bad... and the camera features is so effing bad now.

Smegmboi
Student
Options

I just downloaded the update not long ago and I've had my note 9 for a while now and it's been fine but as soon as I downloaded the update the finger print scanner was lagging take a solid 5 seconds to work and the toolbar is horrible and the icons