Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted

I completely agree!! It looks TERRIBLE and is SO inconvenient!

And YES it looks luke cheap Apple???

Which makes NO sense!

Highlighted
Just Browsing

How do I fix the display switching? (switching bt/w horizontal and vertical look) 

ALSO! When I play spotify, if I try to make the song louder, it stops the song. So if I increase the volume, it pauses the song... SO annoying!

When I click the app tabs, u cld click on the app and make it a pop-up view. Now you have to press for a long time, hit options and then do toggle view ...

Highlighted

@Selantia wrote:

How do I fix the display switching? (switching bt/w horizontal and vertical look) 

When you pull down from the top, look for Auto rotate. It toggles to Portrait. 

Highlighted

It used to have that, I turned off the auto-rotate and now I want to turn it on again, but that option is no longer there! I even tried to seaech for auto rotate and the phone is not recognizing it.

Highlighted

@Selantia wrote:

It used to have that, I turned off the auto-rotate and now I want to turn it on again, but that option is no longer there! I even tried to seaech for auto rotate and the phone is not recognizing it.

Well that's strange. On mine I can toggle back and forth with no problem. Sorry!

Highlighted

Oh my goodness, I figured it out. It showed up as "portrait" and had a lock sign. Then if u click it it shows the "auto rotate" sign. My apologies

Highlighted

I really do not like the way the interface looks now. I looks like a child drew in the icons. If i was a kid maybe zi would like it 

Highlighted

You have to turn off the direct call motion gesture feature (Settings > advanced features > motions and gestures > direct call). The feature that allows you to make a call with a "motion to your ear" to any person who's contact details you have open or text conversation. But, obviously if you slide it to your pocket or just drop your phone from your chest to your hip, it thinks it's your ear. Ridiculous! Will remain permanently off.

Highlighted
Explorer

I hate it. So god ***** much. I didn't spend over a grand on my s9 plus just to have the software go *****ing sideways after 6 month, I do not *****ing want anything remotely kind of like an iPhone so why the ***** are all the updates making it look like an iPhone

Highlighted

Exactly... I want to be the farthest thing away from an iPhone that I can possibly get and now my phone basically look the same, all these stupid childish looking *****

Top Liked Authors