Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted
First Poster

Only issue i have is i cant seem to bring back my predictive texts. Anyone else with same issue , and how did you resolve it. Thanks 

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi, I had my s9 + for more than 1 year but this one never gave me problems when I updated it until yesterday when I decided to update it to Android 10 with UI 2 and I want to say that all my cell phone that never gave me problems now is overheating it is crashing I can not apply the application with the android store without this crashee the same I can not use the clock reboots the same without leaving me the option to do something my image gallery does not have a trace of content but I have the documents on my cell phone but when I enter the gallery there is no nothing shows me how I could go back to a version of andriod 9 earlier than the one I installed yesterday I totally disappoint the andriod 10 seems to want to ruin their own devices to force you to acquire a new reason why I went from apple to samsung please help

Highlighted

I have had the upgrade for little over 2 weeks and have to say there is a lot to like but some things have seem to go back. 

Take the Supplementary services in version 9 it opened immediately now though it takes some 10 to 15 seconds, as I use this on quite a regular basis it's a bit of a nuisance.

They have also removed "Confirm pin without tapping Ok" from the setup of pin number in the lock screen. 

Why would they do this 

Highlighted
Downgrade back to Oreo.
Highlighted
"lot to like?" Lol there's nothing I liked at all!
Highlighted

Your messaging app won't send MMS messages. Guess what Google messaging works fine so it is definitely your crappie app. I own 4 Samsung devices and appliances, I will definitely reconsider buying your product in the future. 

Highlighted

My stock samsung messaging app sends mms no bother 

Highlighted

Same, I've switched to Google's messages app because the Samsung one most of the time doesnt work until I toggle airplane mode on and off again.

Galaxy s9 went from the best phone I've ever owned (Oreo) to the worst (pie) in just one day and slowly downhill from then on (Android 10) .

Never again lol

Highlighted

So another crappy update! I try to send photos and they don't attach to mms messages... Phone seems very slow as well... Changed the pen for editing photos again! Not even anything like previous 2 versions.... typing messages is annoying af... Why do they keep on messing s**t up? I loved this phone when I bought it, after a prev update I was mad , but found some work arounds.... This time I can't find any, and I thought they imprudent the camera? The thing was awesome and now I find many pics blurry and camera not as reactive, missed many shots because button not working. I've always loved my Samsung phones but serially thinking of switching now

Highlighted

Hi,

Before upgrading to Android 9 Pie (yuk) I used to be able to swipe up to see all installed apps, then use the search bar at the top to filter installed apps. I found it a really quick and easy way to find apps.

Now that search bar has been replaced by the "S Finder" - which I have no use for. Can any one help me either remove the S Finder from the top of the All Apps screen or get the simple "Search All Apps" search bar back?

Many thanks

Top Liked Authors