Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted

Okay, so after looking around a little bit I've come to the conclusion that we are not quite ready to switch.  The Pixel 3 and the OnePlus 7 Pro are two real Android contenders available today.  And if I had to buy now, I'd get the Pixel.  But, I actually reccommend hanging in there with the One UI kludge for another cycle with an eye out for these two phones' next iterations.

Highlighted
Why didn't u just roll back to oreo already? I did it 5 months ago! Lolz
Highlighted
You should roll back to oreo
Highlighted

Not everyone can, they changed they changed the bootloader so you'd have to root. 

I did mine way back at the start while it was still a 2 but if it's a 3 or higher you need root. 

Highlighted

The ***** changed the binary so can't roll back 😥

Highlighted
I feel your pain but yes you can! Just need to root first!
Highlighted

Best waiting till the warranty is up, just in case lol 

Highlighted

I mean, can you believe that?  Not only did Samsung mess my phone up and forget about me, they made it so I can't even correct their failures on my own.  They force me to accept their mistakes as my own.  What kind of public relations policy is that?  Pixel 4 is my next phone.

Highlighted

I just  have try android Pie on my tab S3, but it was horrible.

Impossible to disable the dynamic wallpaper (the option was no longer available).
The wallpaper is more rude too. And the status bar is almost invisible (and the time on the left ...).
And most importantly, in charge, the screen displays non-stop percentages, and even after arriving at 100% stays on. Great the night ...

In short, I had to do a factory reset.

Highlighted

Hi @Zelloss 

I would be happy to help you with this. Can you send me a message through our Samsung UK Community page, found here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with more information? What exactly issue are you experiencing with the wallpaper? Have you tried a different theme to solve the status bar visibility issue? 

Top Liked Authors