Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted

You may remove my comments, but your tech support offers no help. My comments get kudos from folks because I identify with them and understand the delemma they face.  I am frustrated that I spent money on the phone and then it changed to one that I would not have paid for.  Other contributors offer the help of rolling back the update, which I was told that it would void my warranty. How is that helpful to the members? Yet, I do not see them being monitored.

Highlighted
Maxozone. Roll it back it's easy and does not void anything! People are retarded
Highlighted

defeedme,

My note 8 finally took the hit ( update to PUI) It will be the one I roll back first. I downloaded the firm/soft wares and have odin now ready.  After I give that a go I should be comfy, then I will make a run at the 9.  Thank you for the encouragement.     ~Max~

Highlighted
You will love it. After the roll back the phone is even faster than new because it's a clean install of the latest oreo. And the latest oreo has some new features I didn't even know about
Highlighted

Right, lemme list some non aesthetic problems:

Dumbed down camera. You can't even take selfies the right way around anymore. Picture quality is sad, I want my Note 4 back.

Ok Google can't unlock the phone anymore. 

Phone won't stay unlocked when at a certain location.

Continued conversion doesn't work in Google Assistant anymore. 

Highlighted

If you have updated to the April patch then you can't roll back to Oreo apparently, the ***** have locked us out by changing the binary number.

Highlighted

Yup, found that out yesterday. 

@BackDaws wrote:

If you have updated to the April patch then you can't roll back to Oreo apparently, the ***** have locked us out by changing the binary number.

WHAT!!

This shows that they are teading these threads and are aware that people are rolling back their devices. 

I do hope that they also read and see the disgust that people feel for this OneUI. 

Highlighted

Now see that's what I thought but then I found a guy on a samsung fb group, he was all up to date with pie but his binary was a 1! 

You can still root apparently if it's a 3 but it's nice to have it all official for now. Glad I rolled back when I did. 

Highlighted

@Maxozone wrote:

defeedme,

My note 8 finally took the hit ( update to PUI) It will be the one I roll back first. I downloaded the firm/soft wares and have odin now ready.  After I give that a go I should be comfy, then I will make a run at the 9.  Thank you for the encouragement.     ~Max~

I thought you did this ages ago after posting the YouTube link etc? 

I did mine ages ago, I found I had to do the things to get my phone into download mode but hook up to the pc then do the final stage. If I don't do it that way for some reason it just won't install properly. 

It is nice being on oreo though 

Top Liked Authors