Support

Open search

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

Highlighted
Apprentice

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Highlighted

Oh my god this came down onto my phone yesterday I hate it.

For some reason the places I used to be able to get my wireless network detected it can no longer even see my wireless network in my own darn home.

The message option looks ridiculous bigsby is a pain in the backside as usual and will be switched off in mediately.

Camera is now a pain in the backside and the whole design looks like it was done by a five-year-old who ate all the sugar and then was given a pack of crayons and told to go absolutely batsh*t crazy

Highlighted

You won't be able to downgrade a new Android that ships with PiePie may come with AVB 2.0, which disables booting with older rollback images. (Source: XDA)Pie may come with AVB 2.0, which disables booting with older rollback images. (Source: XDA)

Android Verified Boot (AVB) was present on some phones with Oreo. Google have implemented it to protect against outdated security patches. The company will also impose it on new phones with Pie out of the box. AVB may also make non-stock firmware building more difficult.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Update for my post that I'm too lazy to go find:

I was having issues with alarm clock apps (including Samsung's alarm clock) they weren't going off.  I was missing my appts.

I was also disappointed by the removed camera functions.

Then, my phone started sounding off/short vibrating indicating a notification, but there'd be nothing.  No message or snippet of info.

Then, these phantom notifications started to come more and more often.  I was getting one around once every hour!

So, I GOT RID OF IT!  Yesterday I got a Plus One 6.

It's just ok, but I like it, and best part is my alarm works and no more annoying phantom notifications, and after over 10 years, no more Samsung.

So, good luck with your nightmare y'all, I feel your pain no more.

Highlighted

Awful update with 80's type icons. And the alarm cancel button is almost impossible to find when it goes off

Highlighted
Observer
Fire the moron who forced this down our throats

Garbage I bought this phone because I liked the way it worked this is completely different want to return it. liked the clock on the right dont like the back button o wate which one is it there all the same. If I wanted a I phone I would of bought one they trying to be like them that's not me

Highlighted

I hate the new updates too!!

Highlighted
Observer

I really wish I had checked this forum before allowing the update!!!

This is by far the worst update I have ever seen, forgot who all said it but you were right on the money when you said a toddler with crayons designed the layout.. what a cheap looking display now. I hate how big everything is and I really am annoyed that that added things like a clock in the top tool bar and I can't find how to remove it. They moved where my clock use to be and removed the temp that I did have on top. 

I truly hope that someone at the update center reads these posts and fixes this ***** ASAP!!!! 

Highlighted

I agree, this update is terrible. The balloon-like icons are childish, the sideways multitask is more constricting (plus you can't hold multitask down to quick snap into multiwindow), and hardly any of the available themes seem to do anything to mask these cosmetic issues. Feels like I'm using the elderly home giant remote control version of cellphones. Full of overblown curved rectangles all over the stock Samsung apps, far too clunky, as if I couldn't see everything perfectly fine before. Not the slick interface I swapped to Samsung for; if I wanted an Apple device, I would have bought an Apple device.

Highlighted

I reached out to Samsung because I bought the S9+ for the camera as I am an artist and take my resource shots with my phone. This update is awful! They told me it was to make the selfie camera better! So.... Selfies are driving all our tech updating now? Grrr. Samsung.... Please bring my rear facing camera back! The new one is bad! I cannot believe you all made my phone move backwards! 

Top Liked Authors