Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the android 10 update

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 04:19 PM)
Porti
First Poster
Options

After I updated my galaxy s9 to android 10, I've been having many issues that were absolutely not happening before. I updated to it on march 6, at 2:22 am. My play store and gallery apps are crashing constantly, I cant download apps, it'll say waiting for download, and then play store crashes. I cant look at my photos, and then the gallery app will crash, I cant broadcast with youtube because it'll crash youtube. My battery has been draining faster than its supposed to, and even though I'm plugged in with fast charger, my battery life is still decreasing. Can I just go back to the previous ui? My phone worked better then. My model is SM-G960U and my phone is from sprint. I've had this s9 since December 2018. Please either fix this or, if possible, revert my phone to the previous version.

Edit 1: just now realized I can't look at emails at all on the email app, shows nothing and then crashes. That didn't happen before this stupid update.

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some people have experienced issues after the update @Porti I agree.

Personally I haven't.

The self help troubleshooting tips open to you are 》

1. Make sure all your apps are up to date and do a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.  If things go back to normal then one or more of your apps are clashing. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

3. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files. No info is lost this way.

4. As a last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

Once a person has updated the phone they cannot revert back to the previous firmware via the phones system settings.

The only way is via a Custom Rom.

Check out the xdadevelopers website for more information.

Disclaimer 》

However be aware if that goes wrong then a person can end up with stability issues or in the worst case scenario a non working phone.

A person attempts using a Custom Rom at their own informed decision. I am not advising you to go down this route but only advising of the options.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ZeeshanAlisyed
First Poster
Options

Same I am facing gaps missing after update i cant intall google play store also aaps

0 Likes
Keryn
First Poster
Options

Agreed. My S9 is constantly closing apps while i am using them.

0 Likes
ausdavec
First Poster
Options

Me too, constantly losing *internet* connectivity. UI is slow to the point of retarded.

This is the equivalent of the Apple 'go slow'.

I will never take the monthly updates again.

power drain, slow and no connectivity - do they think I will go back for another samsung? 

Not likely

0 Likes