Support

Open search

I hate Bixby

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I hate Bixby, this overly annoying service can not be completely stopped. After the prohibition of everything, he appears again and again, I want to smash the phone.

93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted

No, wrong.

it can't truly be uninstalled unless you have administrative access (root), which you don't, unless you bought an inferior Exynos model.

Utilizing the ADB "PM Uninstall -k -- User 0" command simply uninstalls that piece of Koreap "Bixby", on the User 0 profile.

Bixby is still on your device taking up space, and taunting User 0 because some ***** at Samsung is too vested in the abortion.

Highlighted
Thank you for this! I cant agree more. You can't uninstall it. If someone is telling you to download an .exe to your phone, or to use a link to delete this from your phone, you have effectively given them a backdoor in to your phone and now they also have all the same info that Samsung get.
Highlighted
Join XDA, literally the best source of Android information, and guidance out there.

Learn from people that know.

Then follow this link:

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

and acquaint yourself with ADB.

That XDA tutorial will show you how to sequester system garbage like Bixby on your (User 0) profile at least.
Highlighted
"Physical" is not spelled phisical.
Please use spell-check, or complete the 4th grade when writing here.

Thanks
Highlighted
Flash the unlocked version of your firmware on your Samsung device using ODIN.

ODIN is a Samsung proprietary tool for doi g exactly that. Again ... XDA.

I flashed SM-N975UI on my previously-locked Note 10+, which strips all the bloatware from Verizon (in my case) and presents you with an unlocked (use any carrier's SIM card, even under contract) model device, and then I used ADB to remove every other system app I didn't want from my now flawlessly-perfect device.

My favourite thing is now.. No Bixby, No Carrier-garbage (but your SIM card still works), and when my device boots, it only says: SAMSUNG.
Highlighted
I'm pretty sure English is his second language rather than a grown man in 4th grade with a beard and a coffee..
Highlighted

Please don't bully, it doesn't reflect well on you. 

Highlighted

Seriously? This says a lot about you (Note10KillBixby), not about someone who makes a spelling mistake in his 2nd, 3rd or 4th language. No problem to correct someone, but assuming that is due to lack of education is a dick move. You could do well with some education yourself, specifically in the field of human relations. I assume you are able to reply flawlessly is his native tongue? Let's unite in our shared hatred of Bixby and leave it with that.   

Highlighted
Amen! Bixby sucks. That is all.
Highlighted

For goodness sake grow up - picking on someone for thier spelling is just so childish and pathetic - this not the place for school yard bulling -- grow up

@Note10KillBixby wrote:
"Physical" is not spelled phisical.
Please use spell-check, or complete the 4th grade when writing here.

Thanks

Top Liked Authors