Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate Bixby

(Topic created on: 03/10/19 06:07)
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+

I hate Bixby, this overly annoying service can not be completely stopped. After the prohibition of everything, he appears again and again, I want to smash the phone.

98 REPLIES 98
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+

No, wrong.

it can't truly be uninstalled unless you have administrative access (root), which you don't, unless you bought an inferior Exynos model.

Utilizing the ADB "PM Uninstall -k -- User 0" command simply uninstalls that piece of Koreap "Bixby", on the User 0 profile.

Bixby is still on your device taking up space, and taunting User 0 because some ***** at Samsung is too vested in the abortion.

Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
Thank you for this! I cant agree more. You can't uninstall it. If someone is telling you to download an .exe to your phone, or to use a link to delete this from your phone, you have effectively given them a backdoor in to your phone and now they also have all the same info that Samsung get.
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
Join XDA, literally the best source of Android information, and guidance out there.

Learn from people that know.

Then follow this link:

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

and acquaint yourself with ADB.

That XDA tutorial will show you how to sequester system garbage like Bixby on your (User 0) profile at least.
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
"Physical" is not spelled phisical.
Please use spell-check, or complete the 4th grade when writing here.

Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
Flash the unlocked version of your firmware on your Samsung device using ODIN.

ODIN is a Samsung proprietary tool for doi g exactly that. Again ... XDA.

I flashed SM-N975UI on my previously-locked Note 10+, which strips all the bloatware from Verizon (in my case) and presents you with an unlocked (use any carrier's SIM card, even under contract) model device, and then I used ADB to remove every other system app I didn't want from my now flawlessly-perfect device.

My favourite thing is now.. No Bixby, No Carrier-garbage (but your SIM card still works), and when my device boots, it only says: SAMSUNG.
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
I'm pretty sure English is his second language rather than a grown man in 4th grade with a beard and a coffee..
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+

Please don't bully, it doesn't reflect well on you. 

Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+

Seriously? This says a lot about you (Note10KillBixby), not about someone who makes a spelling mistake in his 2nd, 3rd or 4th language. No problem to correct someone, but assuming that is due to lack of education is a dick move. You could do well with some education yourself, specifically in the field of human relations. I assume you are able to reply flawlessly is his native tongue? Let's unite in our shared hatred of Bixby and leave it with that.   

Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+
Amen! Bixby sucks. That is all.
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 | S9+

For goodness sake grow up - picking on someone for thier spelling is just so childish and pathetic - this not the place for school yard bulling -- grow up

@Note10KillBixby wrote:
"Physical" is not spelled phisical.
Please use spell-check, or complete the 4th grade when writing here.

Thanks

0 Likes