Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Notification Content with Senders Name

(Topic created on: 29-07-2019 12:32 AM)
kieron86
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Is there a way to hide notification content from WhatsApp/Messages App, whilst in locked screen or on the pop up bar. However still display the senders/group name.

I'm sure on Apples iOS system they still used to display.

Thanks,

Kieron 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@kieron86: This can be achieved as a general lock screen notification setting by going to Settings > Lock Screen > Notification > View Style > Choose 'Icons Only' or 'Brief' > Hide Content > On. You may also wish to check the individual app notification settings by going to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
kieron86
First Poster
Options

No that still doesn't work.  How do I get Locked Notification and Pop Ups to display like Facebook Messenger. Please see picture.

I've tried 101 combinations in settings. 20190729_230336.jpg

0 Likes
Sham3
First Poster
Options

I have contacted Samsung about this since the s9 came out. they keep saying the same thing.  I have tried every possible option and tried numerous apps but unfortunately there is no way of just seeing the sender of a text whatsapp etc without seeing the content.  You can either see the sender and content or hide both.  Such a basic feature available on pretty much every other phone Samsung cannot deliver.  For me this is a privacy thing, as my phone is left on my desk while at work for most of the day and colleagues can see everything popping up on my phone.  If i hide everything i have to open the phone and go through each message to see who i actually need to reply to. 

I switched from iphone to samsung thinking i will have a better experience but i am definately going back to iphone! basic settings dont work on this phone i.e. cannot get google maps to play over bluetooth in car, i have multiple emails, on lock screen will not show which email add message came from, emails take forever to be sent to phone have to constantly manually refresh for them to come through!

0 Likes
JO_384
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem. It must be a fault with the phone as it works on others.
0 Likes
Alzatar
First Poster
Options

Same for me. This is really annoying as I recently swapped to Samsung and this lack of functionality is really, really, frustrating. If anyone at Samsung reads this, we would all appreciate some feedback/direction on how to achieve this. If not, then I would appreciate someone pointing me to a third-party app that will enable this simple setting. If I cant change this then I'm moving over to Google Pixel. 

0 Likes
Sagar2
First Poster
Options

How to Instagram message lock in notification bar

0 Likes