Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Not sure which phone I got from amazon! Factory unlocked or ATT or TMO?

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 06:22 PM)
prince_a1
Apprentice
Options
I purchase a like-new condition Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone from Amazon Warehouse for international travel coming up in couple days. I figured I would have a better chance of getting an authentic phone from Amazon than from ebay sellers. I received the phone yesterday, and here is the situation with the phone:
- The box of the phone says "unlocked by Samsung"
- The sticker on the back of the phone has the model # SM-G965UZBAXAA and IMEI number of a factory unlocked phone
- The actual IMEI of the phone however shows model # SM-G965UZBAATT, which corresponds to the AT&T carrier locked phone
- When I turn on the phone, it shows T-mobile screen and has T-mobile apps on it

How do I determine whether this is a AT&T phone, or a T-mobile phone or something else? Unfortunately, I do not have either TMO or ATT sim cards that I can use to check which network the phone works on. How do I know whether this phone is unlocked and if it is will work internationally? I am not sure how to explain the imei of the phone coming up with ATT model number, yet the phone shows TMO screen.

Please help as I need to get this resolved today, and don't have time to purchase another phone. Thanks much in advance!!
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
IrishGuy66
First Poster
Options
my phone was blocked when I stupidly opened an email whoever blocked it look for €100 to unblock can Samsung sort this for me
0 Likes