Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Photos problems after One UI 2.0 Android 10 update.

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 02:48 PM)
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

I got the One UI 2.0 Android 10 update yesterday (10 Feb). This morning I noticed that all my photos were duplicated in Google Photos; one version was on my SD card (my default location for photos, set in the camera), I couldn't work out where the duplicates were located. I went in to aeroplane mode on the phone to see if it was viewing the backed-up photos; it wasn't.
I removed the SD card and kept the phone disconnected from wireless and network, but the photos still showed in Google Photos!!!! Using File Manager I tried to find where the photos were on my phone, but couldn't find them anywhere, yet they still showed in the app!!!
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, now it will not show the photos on the SD card. It will show new photos I take, that are on the SD card, but none of the others stored there; I cannot find a way to point it at the SD card to pick-up all my old photos.

Anyone else had this issue?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

Ok I seem to have resolved this myself, but just in case anyone else has the same issue I'll post what I did.

I went into Apps, opened 'Photos' and then 'Storage' I then cleared the cache and the data.

I opened Photos and allowed it the usual permissions when prompted and all the photos on my SD card were visible.

Kumask
First Poster
Options

Thanks Mate... It worked...!

0 Likes
MediaSurgeZA
Apprentice
Options

Seems to have worked for me also, my Photos just started duplicating everything.

0 Likes
TH88
First Poster
Options

DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING.  

I followed this and all my Google photos have deleted.  Some have come back but only the ones I have on my current phone.  Allllll my photos from previous phones that I had backed up to Google Photos are now gone.  Ive lost thousands of memories.  I AM LIVID

0 Likes
GS9WonderWoman
First Poster
Options

MY PHONE DOES NOT USE AN SD CARD.  I HAVE A GALAXY S9 THIS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. PHOTOS WON'T EVEN UPDATE IN PLAY STORE.  MOST OF MY PICTURES IN MY PHONE NOW HAVE AN EXCLAMATION POINT AND ARE GRAYED OUT, WHEN I CLICK ON IT, IT TELLS ME FILE UNSUPPORTED!! 

0 Likes
oldtimescifi
First Poster
Options

Hi TH88.

I don't know if you are still reading replies here, but it sounds like your photos app may not be associated with your correct Google account anymore.  Go to a web browser and type in photos.google.com and sign in with your Google account there and see if your photos show up.  If not, check down the left side menu.  There is a Trash icon where deleted photos are stored for 60 days.  If you have more than one Google account, try one after the other by logging out and then logging in as the next one.  Hopefully, your memories are all still there.

0 Likes