Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 plus screen flicker

Highlighted
Apprentice

Since this stupid update my screen seems to flicker on incoming and outgoing calls..its like I have screen damage but my phones brand new at only a week old..I have also noticed the same problem on my wifes s9..this update is seriously rubbish..Samsung needs to fix it seen as were all using their pricey phones

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted

HI M FROM INDIA I HAVE S9+ I AM ALSO THIS PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE MY PHONE FIRMWARE UPDATE  ON NOVEMBER UPDATE FROM SAMSUNG THIS ISSUE IS THERE , BUT IF I DO TURN OFF ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS OFF THEN FULL BRIGHTNESS AND LOW BRIGHTNESS THE PHONE RUN GOOD BUT LIKE OLD TELEVISION SOME LINES ARE APPERARING THERE IS ANY SOLUTION ANY ONE HAVE PLEASE REPLY OR TELL SAMSUNG SHAME ON YOU ............ THEASE FLAGSHIP PHONE HAVE THIS ISSUE THEN WHAT TO EXPECT

Highlighted

@MAHI7744 wrote:

HI M FROM INDIA I HAVE S9+ I AM ALSO THIS PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE MY PHONE FIRMWARE UPDATE  ON NOVEMBER UPDATE FROM SAMSUNG THIS ISSUE IS THERE , BUT IF I DO TURN OFF ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS OFF THEN FULL BRIGHTNESS AND LOW BRIGHTNESS THE PHONE RUN GOOD BUT LIKE OLD TELEVISION SOME LINES ARE APPERARING THERE IS ANY SOLUTION ANY ONE HAVE PLEASE REPLY OR TELL SAMSUNG SHAME ON YOU ............ THEASE FLAGSHIP PHONE HAVE THIS ISSUE THEN WHAT TO EXPECT

Did you wipe the partition cache ? Is worth a try.

Highlighted

I have somehow found a fix for it... It worked for me so I hope it does work for you too!

1. Make sure you have "ALWAYS ON DISPLAY" turned ON.

2. Make sure you have "LIFT TO WAKE" turned ON

3. DO NOT USE THE HARD BUTTON TO UNLOCK THE PHONE. Use either the home button on the lock screen by tapping it twice or since you have enabled "lift to wake", your phone should start recognizing your face or ask you to key in your pin. If you are using your fingerprint to unlock the phone, you dont even have to wait for the screen to light up. Just put your finger on the sensor and it should unlock your phone for you without having to worry about discoloration of the screen. 

In my case, using the hard key to lock and unlock the phone cause my screen to flicker, draw weird lines and change colors as well... hope this helps.Screenshot_20200112-173522_Chrome.jpg

I'll post a video later when I get home.

Highlighted
I am having the same problem like yours...only full brightness help to see through screen if reduce the brightness the flickering will starts....
Highlighted
Unruptured: This is not a solution though. It absolutely sucks that samsung isn't taking charge of this. Several updates already have emerged (for mine, one came today even), and still the issue persists. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with samsung. For me, the off/on green lines appeared after the android 10 update. Something is definetely wrong in samsung's OS, but they keep themselves busy launching new phones and forget about their old ones.

I am still a client, and I would most likely buy another samsung. Now, I am definetely not sure anymore. FIX THIS!

Highlighted

For the people who have not done the recent Feb 2020 update: DON'T. It will just make the matter worse. I am regretting right now. Look like Samsung is not going to fix this anyway. 

Highlighted
Observer

I am also facing the same problem, i felt like updating the latest firmware very recently.  When i disbale auto brightness and keep the brightness either too low or too high it's okay.  In the middle between ~ 20 to 60% the display flickers.  I haven't dropped it for sure but washed it once a week before.  I am sure that's not a problem as i have done it many time and it worked well for a week.  Hope this is a firmward issues.  Tried reset, reboot, delecte cache paritition and all but nothing helps. 

Highlighted

s9plussrihari - I understand your sentiments about samsung not fixing this issue for us. Thats the reason I tried to find a way to at least fix it on my own. So apparently, turning on the ALWAYS ON feature and LIFT TO WAKE solved my problem and it works well for me now even when I turn off ALWAYS ON. I used to have that same issue where I see those weird lines whenever I unlock the phone. I see worse when I try to adjust the brightness of the screen, it fluctuates like crazy.

Highlighted

I tried  it ,its the only way to get rid of the green screen currently , i am confused if the problem solved by this trick ,so it is not a hardware problem and why samsung does not solve it by any update or patch ...

Highlighted

Did the lift to wake and always on trick work for you? Honestly at this point I've already turned off the ALWAYS ON feature and left the lift to wake active. Im not having the same issues anymore even when I use the hard button to lock/unlock :smiling-face: Lift to wake is nice to have so I left it ON. I might try to turn it off later to see if the flickering screen will come back.

Top Liked Authors