Support

Open search

Galaxy S9 plus screen flicker

Highlighted
Apprentice

Since this stupid update my screen seems to flicker on incoming and outgoing calls..its like I have screen damage but my phones brand new at only a week old..I have also noticed the same problem on my wifes s9..this update is seriously rubbish..Samsung needs to fix it seen as were all using their pricey phones

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Thanks, but none of these ranges of solutions didn't work. Even as a last hope I took the hassle to hard reset the phone. Just after hard reset when the phone started to reboot, the screen shown flickering. It's definitely a firmware issue, I can confirm that the phone is not physically damaged. Hard reset is a tedious process as it takes a lot of time to restore backed up data. So, for other affected users don't waste your time to hard resent the phone (based on my experience) with a view to resolve the problem.
Can anyone provide the link of the update that has been delivered to some countries, if it is possoble to install manually.
Highlighted

I can confirm the same with Arefin. Don't bother trying the above different methods of resetting. 

Highlighted

Hi everybody, i tought than the droid guy solution were resolving the problem but it seem it resolve nothing. If you make a search on Google with those words :«Galaxy S9 plus screen flicker», solutions give are the same on all website but they don't work . 

Samsung has to do something fast to solve this problem, i suggest you to wrote directly to Samsung's Experts  in the Help section of Samsung's Members  and   Ask a question 

Maybe Moderators have a solution @AntS , @CarlH @,@BandOfBrothers @  i just ask them to check this post to help...They can talk to Samsung's engineer and give us a solution ...

Highlighted

Hello! Two days ago my screen turned black and since then it flickers and shows lines if I manipulate the brightness bar. In some point of this bar, the screen turns completely dark. I tried everything except the factory reset, I don't want to do it in vain. Does anyone have a solution or experienced this issue? Samsung won't help me and technicians tell me that I need to replace the entire screen ($400) but I'm sure that there was no physical damage and there is a firmware issue.

Thanks!

Highlighted

You will have to replace the display. My GS9+ also faced the same fate and it had to be replaced. It seems like Samsung's flagships are not strong as they marketing. This could definitely be present in both GS10 series and Galaxy Note 10 series. 

What a shame Samsung.!!

Highlighted

What annoyed / disappointed me the most is the fact that Samsung is quiet about this issue which happens globaly. I guess the number of affected users are not big enough for them to be responsible for this. I have bought 13 Samsung phones for my family in the past 3 years, and seem like their flagships are even more fragile than the average series. Sadly I get to admit that Huawei and Xiaomi did a far better job than gives me satisfaction on the cheap phone.

Highlighted
People who are facing frequent green flickering screen could be benefited through the little trick I have applied. The display of my Samsung S9 often turned to green with shade whenever I ‘turned-on’ the display just after ‘turn-off’. But if I would take some time i.e. increase interval to ‘turn-on’ the display after ‘turn-off’; most of the time the display remained perfect and as long as I use the phone, I do not face any problem. So, later I tried to keep the display awake most of the time or all the time by turning on the ‘Always On Display (AOD)’ option. Previously I used to disable the AOD. Now, I have turned on the AOD and as long as the AOD is ‘turned on’ I don’t face a green screen issue.
May be the nature of my S9 display problem is different from others but it worked for me for the last 2/3 days, so people having similar problem like mine could try the trick I have applied. thanks

Highlighted

Replacing the screen shouldn't be an option in the first place. Some people have experienced it a few weeks after purchasing the phone. This is BS and seems like no one is giving a single F about those who bought the phone.

Highlighted

I faced the same issue last week..when I use viber app its flickering..when I write a sentence the keyboard disappears.. when I use Netflix app and I poay a movie in full screen after every minute exit full screen and just show in a little window ..I dont know but I am not gonna reset my phone for Samsung's bs..do anyone know something else ..a solution maybe..?

Highlighted

I used to do this but on 24th December, I updated my phone and now my On-Screen Display is also affected.

Top Liked Authors