Support

Open search

galaxy s9 dead zone

Highlighted
First Poster

hi,

recently, i found that my scrrentouch became unresponsive and the below section of the screen, after i searched for the problem, i found that a lot of galaxy s9's owner had the same issue, but with the warranty they have replaced their phone. the problem fo me is that i bought my phone form USA  and now i live in morocco , and the officials stores here refuse to replace the phone, please if anyone have any idea what should i do to fix my problem, or just know the source of the problem and take my phone to a repair shop to fix it 

thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
@oussamatrini: Sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your S9. Samsung offer a regional based warranty that covers a device in the region in was intended for use, in your case the USA. With this in mind it will not be possible for you to proceed with a warranty repair in Morocco because it is not covered, but also due to the varying software and hardware that exist in Samsung mobiles from region to region.
To check if your issue is hardware related please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Touch' from the series of grey tiles and draw a line through the on-screen squares. If some squares do not highlight in green then the phone will need to be repaired, therefore if you have any friends or family members in the USA then you may wish to send the device to them and request that they proceed with a warranty repair on your behalf. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Highlighted

thanks for the quick reply, for the touch test, yes i already did it and i have the issue like in the picture below, i don't have any relative in the US , so i know that i can't do anything, i just wanna jnow the source of the issue, so i can know exactly whree to head to do the repair, 

dead zone.jpg

Highlighted
It does appear from the above screen shot that a thin strip of your touch screen is unresponsive towards the bottom, although the source/cause of the issue would need to be determined by an engineer.
Highlighted

hi again, 

today i took my phone to samsung repair service here in morocco, and they told me that it can't be fixed because the screen replacement here is not the same as the one that i have in my galaxy s9 version, so any solution from your side or should i throw the 700 dollars that i spent 2 mounths ago away ? 

Thanks anyway 

Top Liked Authors