Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced updates

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 04:23 PM)
Marc7700
Student
Options

Dear Samsung 

I am writing to you regarding my Samsung Galaxy note 9. 

I would like to tell you that:

- no, I don't want system updates

- no, I definitely don't want them 

- it is still a "no" despite your constant notifications 

- I also don't want "two stages verification" whatever it is. 

I just want to enjoy my phone - would you kindly ***** off? 

Yours truly 

Marc

5 REPLIES 5
CrazyFruits
Pathfinder
Options
Wow. Did you really just join to post this? There's better ways buddy, there's better ways.
Maybe you could start by asking the community if there are any workaround solutions for your distressing experience with your phone politely trying to make your online world more secure and your older device more stable? Just a thought like.
0 Likes
Marc7700
Student
Options
I really did join just to post that. Do you have problem with this?

Take your patronising tone and stick it up your *****.
0 Likes
CrazyFruits
Pathfinder
Options
No worries bro, I'll take my Nokia 3210 and drill it deep for you sunshine. 🤣
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Let's try and keep things constructive, people. @Marc7700: Sorry to hear of your frustration, however it isn't possible to opt out of, or disable, software updates. You can always disable auto updates to stay on your current software version for a little longer, however they do get pushed through eventually. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Options

Polite? My friend just died 3 months ago because i wasnt able to access 911 calls during a forced update, my battery was low so it didnt update while i was asleep but by the time we got to the river my phone was charged enough to decide to update itself.. all i ask is for access to calls and/or texts during updates ..