Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint not working on S9

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 07:08 PM)
Dillan1
First Poster
Options

Right, so I my phone has recently had its back smashed damaging the fingerprint scanner. The issue is, for me to remove the finger print security I need to enter my fingerprint, furthermore, for me to enter Samsung pass I also need to enter my fingerprint. An error message shows up telling me the fingerprint scanner isn't working and just closes, not allowing me to enter my pin or face recognition!Screenshot_20200611-190708_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Dillan1: Hmm. If you go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Edit > Remove, are you able to remove the scanned fingerprints, or does this require authentication as well? Have you tried restarting the phone as prompted to see if the Fingerprint Scanner becomes responsive once again?
0 Likes
Dillan1
First Poster
Options
When I press fingerprints it's gives me that message. And yes I have restarted my phone.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Dillan1: Can you try signing in to Find My Mobile on your home computer using your Samsung account details, to see if there are any options available to remove your biometrics?

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

0 Likes